This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 randomly restarts and shutdown while charging.

JayeshB
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone now just randomly restarts and shutsdown while charging. It's frustrating alot can't work can't do anything.
Can anyone please tell me the procedure to log all the things in Rog Phone 2.
@LP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly
4 REPLIES 4

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
My ROG Phone 2 has not experienced any random restarts (including while charging).
If you have installed UTSLog Tool, when the problem occurs, open the UTSLog Tool, click the first item (Capture Log to MTP), and send the generated log records to the moderator who provided you this software.
Random restarts are usually caused by hardware problems. It is recommended that you go to the service center for assistance.

JayeshB
Star II
I am not gonna spend 27k on a piece of hardware that's going bad for everyone. It's stupidity that you build a phone and called it a "beast" and then it crashes because of faulty hardware. It's Asus's responsibility to make reliable hardware and provide warranty to faulty hardware.
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly

ronald1985
Community Legend I
JayeshB

I am not gonna spend 27k on a piece of hardware that's going bad for everyone. It's stupidity that you build a phone and called it a "beast" and then it crashes because of faulty hardware. It's Asus's responsibility to make reliable hardware and provide warranty to faulty hardware.

@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly

View post
Go to service centre and let them know. Mods here wont be able to help and they would give you the same advice anyway.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi JayeshB,
Please check your PM and share the requested details.