cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 No Power Not Charging Hard Brick

Ekiminam
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Phone ROG Phone II (ZS660KL)
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. My phone suddenly died and has no signs of life. It wont charge and wont turn on even pressing the power button + volume button. It is not rooted nor flashed to global ROM since this my ROG Phone 2 is global version. I did not do any mods. I was just casually scrolling through my Facebook when this happened.
Has anyone experienced this? What fix did you or the service center make? Of course this had to happen 1 month after my warranty expired.
12 REPLIES 12

roxyduplooy
Star I
Hi there. We have had the same issue, trying to find out if it's still under warranty. Do you know how long the warranty is? Did you ever come right?

Ekiminam
Star II
roxyduplooy

Hi there. We have had the same issue, trying to find out if it's still under warranty. Do you know how long the warranty is? Did you ever come right?

View post
In my place, warranty is only good for 1 year. Ill be going to a service shop tomorrow. I will give an update by then.

Ekiminam
Star II
AirJoe

Same problem happened on my ROG2 yesterday with latest stock firmware. I was browsing web site by 120 fps battery over 50% and it suddenly reboot. Afterward screen turn black and can't switch on and charge again.

I am going to wait for 3 days without any charger plugged and try plug charger again. If it doesn't work, I am sure I will not use any product from Asus in my life.

View post
yes. this will be the last time I'll buy asus products. my god, mine only lasted for 1 year and 1 month, considering it is almost a 1000$ phone as compared to my previous phones which were much cheaper. I've been cautious with the way I use it, being mindful of the temperature and still got this issue. Pathetic brand

NonHosT
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Phone ROG Phone II (ZS660KL)
Firmware Version: latest [WW-17.0240.2012.65]
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Yes Freeze multiple times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact
My ROG Phone 2 Just dead Jan 5, and never start again