This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 no longer charges at all

Last night my ROG Phone 2 (latest update) was acting strangely and having ghost touches, such as clicking on random links while scrolling websites. This morning, since the battery was low, I plugged in the charger and the charging light did not turn on. I tried a different charger, same thing. Tried a different outlet, still no luck.
So now the battery is at 0 and the phone will not recharge.
Is a warranty repair my only option at this point? I can't even do a factory reset since the battery's dead. I tried the side port too, no luck there either.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Edi
Star I
Hi, I also have a charging issue with my ROG Phone 2, 12Gb, 512Gb. Yesterday the issues started and have persisted, furthermore the left bottom side of the phone gets very hot especially with the original charger and cable. It wont charge at all with the original charger and cable. The phone is showing Hypercharge, but the battery percentage staying between 48-50% and the percentage was 49% it got plugged in. when I plugged in a QC 3.0 compatible batterypack it charges with the ++ sign on the battery status indicator on the phone and it also charges with a regular USB to type C cable. What could this be? Software issues or hardware issues?
It was a headache switch from iOS to Android running on ASUS ROG Phone 2, and now it starts again ?
I will bring the phone in to the supplier where I purchased it, but I would like to be able to give them as much information as possible, so I can get a replacement phone straight away as I do all my work on my phone and really need it. I'm starting up my new company and just when I need the phone the most there seems to be issues with it.
I would appreciate it very much if an ASUS representative could answer this and shed some light on the issues with my phone.
I'm located in Sweden and the supplier is NetOnNet.
Thank you in advance, Edi

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Consolarificus

Last night my ROG Phone 2 (latest update) was acting strangely and having ghost touches, such as clicking on random links while scrolling websites. This morning, since the battery was low, I plugged in the charger and the charging light did not turn on. I tried a different charger, same thing. Tried a different outlet, still no luck.

So now the battery is at 0 and the phone will not recharge.

Is a warranty repair my only option at this point? I can't even do a factory reset since the battery's dead. I tried the side port too, no luck there either.

Thanks

ROG Phone 2 no longer charges at all
If you have also tried a different charger, then yes unfortunately a warranty repair is your only option. Apologies for the inconvenience.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Edi

Hi, I also have a charging issue with my ROG Phone 2, 12Gb, 512Gb. Yesterday the issues started and have persisted, furthermore the left bottom side of the phone gets very hot especially with the original charger and cable. It wont charge at all with the original charger and cable. The phone is showing Hypercharge, but the battery percentage staying between 48-50% and the percentage was 49% it got plugged in. when I plugged in a QC 3.0 compatible batterypack it charges with the ++ sign on the battery status indicator on the phone and it also charges with a regular USB to type C cable. What could this be? Software issues or hardware issues?

It was a headache switch from iOS to Android running on ASUS ROG Phone 2, and now it starts again ?

I will bring the phone in to the supplier where I purchased it, but I would like to be able to give them as much information as possible, so I can get a replacement phone straight away as I do all my work on my phone and really need it. I'm starting up my new company and just when I need the phone the most there seems to be issues with it.

I would appreciate it very much if an ASUS representative could answer this and shed some light on the issues with my phone.

I'm located in Sweden and the supplier is NetOnNet.

Thank you in advance, Edi

View post
Have you tried to charge it with another charger or cable?
When you say it gets really hot, is that only when charging AND using the phone, or simply charging? Charging and using the phone at the same time can result in very low or no charging, as the phone is detecting the high heat and limiting charging to save itself.
If it only gets hot and/or fails to charge with the original cable, then I recommend contacting your regional ASUS support to get a replacement. The unit itself may be fine.

Ahsen
Star I
I have the same problem .
DO you have a solution ?