ROG Phone 2 Most of my games are stuttering like crazy

SonicJeanz
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone II Tencent version
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1 week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have noticed that my phone is performing poorly when playing regular games from the playstore. I see stutters that occur every second when playing games like Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2 etc. I have all games on 60fps mode and they all have stutters. It is a minor stutter but very noticeable and asked my others if they notice it and they agreed it is. I tried Armoury Crate to max all the settings to ultimate and the stutter still occurs. I have updated my phone to WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27 for the main reason of my games performing better and It is still there. I even formatted the phone and redownloaded all my apps and games to see if the stutters are gone but nope. There is also a person here who is having the same issue and also replaced his phone with a new one and the problem is still visible. https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13710/asus-rog-phone-2-refresh-rate-issue
Please, someone tell me if there is a fix to this problem. This was my dream phone and I was very happy with it until I realized this problem. Im not planning on returning the phone yet because im looking for answers first. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
SonicJeanz

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone II Tencent version
  2. Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1 week
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have noticed that my phone is performing poorly when playing regular games from the playstore. I see stutters that occur every second when playing games like Jetpack Joyride, Alto Odyssey, Vector 2 etc. I have all games on 60fps mode and they all have stutters. It is a minor stutter but very noticeable and asked my others if they notice it and they agreed it is. I tried Armoury Crate to max all the settings to ultimate and the stutter still occurs. I have updated my phone to WW_Phone-17.0240.2007.27 for the main reason of my games performing better and It is still there. I even formatted the phone and redownloaded all my apps and games to see if the stutters are gone but nope. There is also a person here who is having the same issue and also replaced his phone with a new one and the problem is still visible. https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/13710/asus-rog-phone-2-refresh-rate-issue

Please, someone tell me if there is a fix to this problem. This was my dream phone and I was very happy with it until I realized this problem. Im not planning on returning the phone yet because im looking for answers first. Thanks!

ROG Phone 2 Most of my games are stuttering like crazy
Can you please pick the game where it is easiest to spot this issue and record it? You could try first to see if you can capture it with the screen recorder but you will probably have to use another recording device