Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Finger print sensor

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always17.0240.2009.49
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint Sensor
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Finger print sensor is not working when my screen is locked. Need to wake phones screen and then sensor gets activated.
I am facing this issue post recent software update. Sensor not activating in screen sleep mod.
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ravindra.sarwad

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always17.0240.2009.49
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Fingerprint Sensor

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Finger print sensor is not working when my screen is locked. Need to wake phones screen and then sensor gets activated.

I am facing this issue post recent software update. Sensor not activating in screen sleep mod.

ROG Phone 2 Finger print sensor
If you go to Settings - Security & Lock Screen - Fingerprint
Tap on where it says: Unlock device (tap on the text, not on where you enable fingerprint)
Ensure you have Screen off unlock enabled.
Or if you want to enable fingerprint when you pick up phone, press on pick up phone to show indicator.
This will allow you to unlock the phone using fingerprint, but after a number of second you need to turn the screen on to use fingerprint again. It has always been like this.
Tip: I use Gestures like Double Tap to wake up the screen so you dont need to use the power button.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hey did you try the steps provided by ronald?