This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG phone 2 bottom charging port overheating.

D34DL1F3
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG phone 2
Firmware Version: QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: Not rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: Very often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NIL
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Everytime I plug in my charger from the bottom port, the phone starts beeping and sends a notification which states that the temperature at the USB connector is too high. I even got a slight burn from it on my thumb when I removed the cable from the phone and touched the plugging piece. It even smelled like something burnt when I removed the charger and it definitely came from the bottom port itself. Now my phone doesn't charge anymore from the bottom port when I tried again
screenshot-20210106-222928668.jpg
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
D34DL1F3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: QKQ1.190825.002.WW_Phone-17.0240.2012.65
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NIL

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Everytime I plug in my charger from the bottom port, the phone starts beeping and sends a notification which states that the temperature at the USB connector is too high. I even got a slight burn from it on my thumb when I removed the cable from the phone and touched the plugging piece. It even smelled like something burnt when I removed the charger and it definitely came from the bottom port itself. Now my phone doesn't charge anymore from the bottom port when I tried again

screenshot-20210106-222928668.jpg

ROG phone 2 bottom charging port overheating.
If you smell something burning, it is probably best to go to Service Centre.
You can still continue to charge using the side port (using the left adapter).

D34DL1F3
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43045/rog-phone-2-bottom-charging-port-overheating

If you smell something burning, it is probably best to go to Service Centre.

You can still continue to charge using the side port (using the left adapter).

View post
I have no asus service center in my country (Mauritius) so I don't really know how to deal with this issue rn.

Vableme
Rising Star II
D34DL1F3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/145612#Comment_145612

I have no asus service center in my country (Mauritius) so I don't really know how to deal with this issue rn.

View post
If it's not "burning" or hot to the touch, just restart your phone.