This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

albinisalbin
Star II
The temporary fix for the switch off problem is. Play the game in low settings. Put x mode off. and keep either Mobile data or Wifi on. Not both..
I am running games in this setup right now. Anyway there is an underlying hardware problem which needs to be fixed but till then this will help u playing something using world's "top gaming phone"

vishalpoorvi
Star II
If the phone freezes while gaming just make sure that the temp is below 39 degree, if you maintain it below 39 the game works fine. Temporary fix due to lockdown.

Mazupicua
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/73731#Comment_73731

We can check. Expect to get a private message (envelope in top right corner) containing a log tool and instructions on how to proceed. Thank you!"

View post
Can i get a DM with the log tool please? I've recorded the issue that I'm having and i got videos and a cat log of it. I wanna get this resolved already please

I'm playing pubg in compititve tournament in every single match my. Phone got restart
Mobile temperature was 36 c ..
Totally frustrated sir please help and fix this problem soon

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I have sent a private message to everyone (envelope icon in top right corner) in this group who says they have issues with restarts. Please try to get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks!