This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

Aminfikhri
Star II
albinisalbin

ROG 2: I am facing similar issue. My phone switches off during gaming. It started while playing Aspha it used to happen while playing COD & PUBG also. It randomly shuts down all of a sudden.

Tried Android 10, Roll back to 9, factory reset everything. but problem is still there. Can't play any game it's so annoying to have a gaming phone worth 40k and can't play any game.

Due to lockdown as I can't send to service centre as well. I don't think this is a software issue as it is happening in all games. I have even taken games out of armory crate and played still it goes off during 10-15 mins of gaming.

View post

Same goes with me.No idea what's happening.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
albinisalbin

ROG 2: I am facing similar issue. My phone switches off during gaming. It started while playing Aspha it used to happen while playing COD & PUBG also. It randomly shuts down all of a sudden.

Tried Android 10, Roll back to 9, factory reset everything. but problem is still there. Can't play any game it's so annoying to have a gaming phone worth 40k and can't play any game.

Due to lockdown as I can't send to service centre as well. I don't think this is a software issue as it is happening in all games. I have even taken games out of armory crate and played still it goes off during 10-15 mins of gaming.

View post
I'm sorry to hear that. As you say, it really does sound like hardware issue

albinisalbin
Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/73428#Comment_73428

I'm sorry to hear that. As you say, it really does sound like hardware issue

View post
Any idea why it happen only during gaming. ?!
It is not happening while using any other app.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
albinisalbin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/73720#Comment_73720

Any idea why it happen only during gaming. ?!

It is not happening while using any other app.

View post
We can check. Expect to get a private message (envelope in top right corner) containing a log tool and instructions on how to proceed. Thank you!"

dein2k
Star I
It is also happening to my Rog Phone 2 too, every time I use my phone to test benchmark, it shutdown. The phone cannot handle heavy task even I tried to update to Android 10 latest version it went 99% and then it shutdown. I have tried different games like PUBG, Asphalt, Mobile Legend any random time it shutdown..