This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I sorry and really hope the reset will fix it. If not, then you need to send it for repair.

Jerel
Star I
hello i'm back again... ..,,i did reset to factory settings then weeks after the problem is back again... ..,temps are normal, around 36° since i just picked up the phone in the morning i was only playing less than an hour when it happened, also i only had 4 apps in my recent or running in background: fb, black desert, and chrome (i was playing mobile legend for 13mins when it happened again)... ..,this would be the 11th time in total that this happened, twice after reformat.

mendziol
Star II
As per Jerel's post, after factory reset everything was fine for a few weeks and now problem started again... and even intensified. My phone sometimes turn off every 10-15mins.
What I have also noticed is that battery drained like crazy when my phone is off. After literally 5mins of being off, battery drop 20%.
Bluetooth transfer is now affected as well. Cannot send a single file or keep 3rd party device connected for longed than 10mins even when the phone is on.
It's really frustrating but I have to send my phone for repair. Hope they will be able to fix it and send it back asap.

Baddar
Star I
Same issue here. Asus please look into this as it is very serious. How can we trust your phones to give us important notifications when they shutdown randomly. Please look at forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/help/phone-randomly-off-t3997243 for more information

koi
Star II
Add me to the list!!!!
Everytime i connect a charger, screen turns off... Will have to wait for few mins so i can turn it back on and have to remove the charger.