This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3 charge update feature to ROG 2. Useful update for ROG 2 phones. ROG 2 phone defective model?

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: WW-V17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I heard the ROG 3 has a feature where it doesn't charge the battery and still gets power. can't it be done to ROG 2? it is a feature that is not in the default feature of the phone but you manage to add it. As far as i know the ROG 2 update didn't have that kind of update where you put a very useful feature that it is not in the default feature of the phone. Many people are complaining about hardware failure of this model. As such, is the quality control lacking for this phone? or is this model a defective one?. The auto shutdown issue and the infinite boot loop issue seems very serious. Can you add some useful feature where it doesn't end up on hardware failure? i have experience an issue where my phone didn't open for quite some time but now i didn't experience it but to think this things happen is this because of lack in quality control over your units? or the design of the phone and the hardware of the model is defective?
6 REPLIES 6

Anilkumar
Rising Star II
IRONHIDE

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW-V17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I heard the ROG 3 has a feature where it doesn't charge the battery and still gets power. can't it be done to ROG 2? it is a feature that is not in the default feature of the phone but you manage to add it. As far as i know the ROG 2 update didn't have that kind of update where you put a very useful feature that it is not in the default feature of the phone. Many people are complaining about hardware failure of this model. As such, is the quality control lacking for this phone? or is this model a defective one?. The auto shutdown issue and the infinite boot loop issue seems very serious. Can you add some useful feature where it doesn't end up on hardware failure? i have experience an issue where my phone didn't open for quite some time but now i didn't experience it but to think this things happen is this because of lack in quality control over your units? or the design of the phone and the hardware of the model is defective?

ROG 3 charge update feature to ROG 2. Useful update for ROG 2 phones. ROG 2 phone defective model?
What you want to say I didn't clear understand.
I think you want to say that your ROG 2 is plugged with charger but battery percentage will not increase? You want this feature?

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Anilkumar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36064/rog-3-charge-update-feature-to-rog-2-useful-update-for-...

What you want to say I didn't clear understand.

I think you want to say that your ROG 2 is plugged with charger but battery percentage will not increase? You want this feature?

View post
yup. what i mean is they are adding useful feature that is not a default feature of the phone. ROG 2 updates before doesn't have that kind of feature.. except for the lightning case fix. anything before i didn't notice a useful feature that wasn't in the default feature of the phone.

Anilkumar
Rising Star II
It was there but you have to set time from which time to which time you don't want to charge device.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Anilkumar

It was there but you have to set time from which time to which time you don't want to charge device.

View post
i think that is a different feature though somewhat the same. the feature that is in ROG 2 is that if you set it in a particular time the max charge is 80%. The feature implemented on ROG 3 is that it will directly use the charger as to power your phone without charging the battery.