This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 performance drop when battery reach 3% below.

indraoey12
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why my Rog 2 get performance drop when battery reach 3% - 0% ? After reach 3% open chrome or other app become lag and fingerprint scan became slow, Even i can't play game. I try throttle test when reach 1% with X mode.
But in real X-Mode not help with that performance drop. Any one face that problem ? Or just my phone ?
Sorry for my English.
screenshot-20210723-030534531.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

indraoey12
Star I
And my firmware 2105.90.
indraoey12

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Why my Rog 2 get performance drop when battery reach 3% - 0% ? After reach 3% open chrome or other app become lag and fingerprint scan became slow, Even i can't play game. I try throttle test when reach 1% with X mode.

But in real X-Mode not help with that performance drop. Any one face that problem ? Or just my phone ?

Sorry for my English.

Trine
Star II
Hi.

This doesn't seem like anything. Dips can mean other processes are interfering and if you say you only see this at such low battery charge I'd say that is completely normal. Lower voltage means less power.

Vamp
Zen Master I
indraoey12

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Sorry for my English.

Hi, it's normal for device to reduce the processing power with less than 5% battery to last a tad bit longer. TBH try charging rather than killing device battery everytime.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@indraoey12 That's more or less by design and nothing out of the ordinary. As other's have suggested, charge your device before letting it dip to those levels and you'll be fine.