cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 Heats up to 41 to 42* Celsius and shuts down while Playing games

eknarayanhari
Star II
Hi ASUS,
You have Designed THE WORST GAMING Phone of the century which goes dead when ROG 2 Heats up to 41 to 42* Celsius and shuts down and either goes DEAD or Restarts several number of times until it cools down to 39*Celsius. When ever during the use,whether its watching videos online/or using VIDEO conferencing apps for long hours which is the need of the hour or THE FAMOUS SELLING POINT of the ROG 2-- "BEAST in Gaming" crashes at 40-41* Celsius. First time in my life i have seen such a product. And I literally wasted my money on such QUALITY.
This is theWORST DECISION which i have taken to switch from S10 to ROG 2 for gaming/everday use
Now in this lockdown i cant call any body and cant work from home also. And I researched about the same issue. It seems a lot of people have same issue but ASUS Seems to be SLEEPING on this ISSUE.
NO acknowledgement of the issue leave aside APOLOGIES from them also.
BUT they are happy to send you a SURVEY in such state.
HOW INHUMAN such a Act should be called from you ASUS.....HOW INHUMAN.
This is an HARDWARE issue and you people are still not taking note on this issue .
WHICH IS REPORTED SO MUCH BY SO MANY GAMERS ACCROS THE WEB.
KINDLY TRY TO ACT HUMAN LIKE COMPANIES SUCH AS IPHONE AND ONE PLUS.
23 REPLIES 23

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Manoj kumar cr

Hello der ronald1985 can you please stfu for some days ..? Keeping the great name won't make u good or best..all are facing the problems of switchoff issue heating issue restart many times and from almost 2months we are worried about this and they are not doing anything not giving updates..and you idiot always mfing everywhere instead go and try to solve our problem we facing not by texting watever u want....

View post
Have you tried using lower settings?
//EDIT: Someone correctly mentioned, just because this is a "gaming phone", it won't do everything as you expect or treat it as it has all the brilliant things you ever ever dreamed of. At the end of the day, everything has it's limits. Remember that - it was indeed a very good comment made by the person.

Manoj_kumar_cr
Star III
Please stop ur nonsense we tried everything and now pubg grafics is visible on screen tired of this bye...

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Manoj kumar cr

Please stop ur nonsense we tried everything and now pubg grafics is visible on screen tired of this bye...

View post

Nonsense? here is my proof (that's if you know how to read the below images) - first screenshot is the lowest settings and the second screenshot is the highest settings.
I haven't even played a game, and within 2 minutes it shot up 2 degrees. I will let you work out how much damage you're doing to your phone if playing long hours. Burnt out the components and screen burn.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Manoj_kumar_cr
Star III
This is a gaming phone not a normal one ...beast. Phone they said..not played pubg ? Then plz don't talk watever u want ....

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Here is another proof that lower graphics will help you with your heating problems.
Both screenshots below contain lowest settings and within the same 2 minutes of doing nothing. The first screenshot is lower than my previous post and my second screenshot shows it has gone up 1 degrees. That's 3 degrees cooler than you have with high graphic settings.
1.jpg
2.jpg
EDIT:// To answer your point Manoj, yes it's a gaming phone and it does mean you can have higher settings, but not forever. I make you run forever and you will be asking for a break at some point. Everything has a limit.