cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 Heats up to 41 to 42* Celsius and shuts down while Playing games

eknarayanhari
Star II
Hi ASUS,
You have Designed THE WORST GAMING Phone of the century which goes dead when ROG 2 Heats up to 41 to 42* Celsius and shuts down and either goes DEAD or Restarts several number of times until it cools down to 39*Celsius. When ever during the use,whether its watching videos online/or using VIDEO conferencing apps for long hours which is the need of the hour or THE FAMOUS SELLING POINT of the ROG 2-- "BEAST in Gaming" crashes at 40-41* Celsius. First time in my life i have seen such a product. And I literally wasted my money on such QUALITY.
This is theWORST DECISION which i have taken to switch from S10 to ROG 2 for gaming/everday use
Now in this lockdown i cant call any body and cant work from home also. And I researched about the same issue. It seems a lot of people have same issue but ASUS Seems to be SLEEPING on this ISSUE.
NO acknowledgement of the issue leave aside APOLOGIES from them also.
BUT they are happy to send you a SURVEY in such state.
HOW INHUMAN such a Act should be called from you ASUS.....HOW INHUMAN.
This is an HARDWARE issue and you people are still not taking note on this issue .
WHICH IS REPORTED SO MUCH BY SO MANY GAMERS ACCROS THE WEB.
KINDLY TRY TO ACT HUMAN LIKE COMPANIES SUCH AS IPHONE AND ONE PLUS.
23 REPLIES 23

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Dude having the same issue and these modsain't even replying. Are you experiencing the issue only after lastet update I.e may update. ?? Everything was fine when I was on the 2nd A10 update.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Heats up to 42c and the phone dies . Switched to A9 .even tho It didn't fix the problem atleast it don't switch off when charging . Before even with charging the phone it would got 42c and keep resta5ting

Dapak same her this the worst cp i have at the first day i am very happy that i have this phone amd now i am facing this every day autoshutdown autorestart autoreboot what the fuck asus you are selling a trush mobile phone ever it is bitter to use chip cp this kind of beast cp that fuck me every day

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Don't compare iPhones with Androids because they are two different Ecosystems just like Windows and Linux. OnePlus or Samsungs on the other hand is having the same issue as well where people are getting reboots and heating while playing on PUBG. Samsung and OnePlus comes with bloatware loading on start up and with ROG you can prevent these from running. Some of you were complaining about Google being on your phone, well that's the company who created Android. So if you're worried about Google, IOS with their IPhones and now HarmonyOS in Hwawei is your only choice. But majority at the moment will use Google based, the Android.
ASUS can learn something from other manufacturers and as well from the community here in terms of updating the UI and what they actually want, but it's not helping the developers just by saying it's an issue and just blank blaming ASUS. No phones are perfect, infact, you won't catch up with technology because as soon as you get the latest tech, the next day the manufacturer will be looking at a better tech for their next phone. It's called making marketing and you won't find a company who will do this for cheaper or free.
I don't work for ASUS, but the moderators, admins and other people here are trying to help, but the problems being raised is not consistent or/and due to hardware limitations. With software engineering background, I know it's difficult to find the underlying issue where 40 percent says it's not working but 60 percent says it's working (not to scale).