This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA SERVICE IS A SCAM - PLEASE READ!!!

rjay
Star III
MY ROG 2 PHONE DISPLAY RANDOMLY DIED, I SENT THIS IN TO RMA AND THEY ARE SAYING 5 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING IT THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND IS A CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY TO FIX YOUR HARDWARE DEFECT WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY?? YOU GUYS ARE A FKIN JOKE, I DISPUTED THIS IMMEDIATELY WITH MY BANK AND THEY RETURNED MY MONEY. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A WORKING PHONE FOR WEEKS NOW, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SUPPORT A CHEAT COMPANY LIKE THIS. I NOW HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OR GO WITH SAMSUNG LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DECADE.
FOR ANYONE THAT ENCOUNTERS A DEFECT WITH THEIR PHONE, DON'T SEND IT TO RMA. THEY ARE LIARS, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MUCH BETTER OFF DISPUTING IT WITH YOUR BANK. I GOT MY MONEY BACK ALMOST INSTANTLY, AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THE CLAIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED THAT NOT ONLY SHOWS THIS WAS A HARDWARE DEFECT, BUT THAT ASUS SERVICE CENTERS ARE A BUNCH OF FKIN SCAM ARTISTS.
I WILL ALSO CHANGE MY REVIEW FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STARS AND I WILL POST A NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO TO MY MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS SHOWING HOW TERRIBLE THE RMA PROCESS IS AND WHY GOING THROUGH THE BANK IS MUCH EASIER.
ASUS, DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. YOU GUYS FAILED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APPROPRIATELY, SO I SOLVED IT MYSELF.
18 REPLIES 18

rjay
Star III
Updating everyone here, they tried to charge me over $300 to fix the phone. They sent me an image of a little "chip" on the side of the phone near one of the air triggers, and are claiming that chip is the reason why the display doesn't work and the battery doesn't charge.
The phone was not sent with a chip on the side, either this was damaged during transit or ASUS is doing this on purpose to justify their BS "Customer Induced Damage" so that it can be considered out of warranty.
Again, PLEASE do not send your phone in to their RMA service, they cannot be trusted!! This is a KNOWN issue that is starting to prop up all of sudden, and it seems we will start seeing more of these posts. You are better off doing this as a dispute with your bank. Make sure to send them screenshots from the forums as proof that this is a manufacturing issue that ASUS is refusing to remedy.
I guess the ROG II phone has a life expectency of less than a year. My Note 3 which has been dropped to shit is still functioning fine after 7+ years. This company is a CHEAT.
I spent the money I got back from the claim on a Samsung phone, and may consider purchasing the ROG III after a year if it's proven that the phone can survive that long.

jyun88
Rising Star II
This is the thing that i worried before buying ROG 2. Saw many feedback about my country Asus service center (Malaysia) have terrible feedback about warranty. Consumer send phone for warranty,Asus fix the hardware themselves with a pop up screen and they give it back to the consumer. Consumer lodge a complaint BUT nothing works. Many people complain about it in our local tech forum. So because of that, i bought an insurance from my Telco when i signed their plan cause I don't want to deal with Malaysia Asus at all. Don't wanna make my blood pressure rise.
I've told myself if my 1st Asus phone doesn't last long enough(3years atleast),i won't be buying any Asus phone ever in future. Nobody wants to buy a phone that have warranty to worry and my country Asus nailed it. Just hope my phone last atleast 3years before any major problem appear.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
rjay

MY ROG 2 PHONE DISPLAY RANDOMLY DIED, I SENT THIS IN TO RMA AND THEY ARE SAYING 5 DAYS AFTER RECEIVING IT THAT IT IS OUT OF WARRANTY AND IS A CUSTOMER INDUCED DAMAGE. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO PAY TO FIX YOUR HARDWARE DEFECT WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY?? YOU GUYS ARE A FKIN JOKE, I DISPUTED THIS IMMEDIATELY WITH MY BANK AND THEY RETURNED MY MONEY. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF A WORKING PHONE FOR WEEKS NOW, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL PHONE BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN SUPPORT A CHEAT COMPANY LIKE THIS. I NOW HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE OR GO WITH SAMSUNG LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DECADE.

FOR ANYONE THAT ENCOUNTERS A DEFECT WITH THEIR PHONE, DON'T SEND IT TO RMA. THEY ARE LIARS, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MUCH BETTER OFF DISPUTING IT WITH YOUR BANK. I GOT MY MONEY BACK ALMOST INSTANTLY, AND I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THE CLAIM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE PROOF I NEED THAT NOT ONLY SHOWS THIS WAS A HARDWARE DEFECT, BUT THAT ASUS SERVICE CENTERS ARE A BUNCH OF FKIN SCAM ARTISTS.

I WILL ALSO CHANGE MY REVIEW FROM 5 STARS TO 1 STARS AND I WILL POST A NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO TO MY MILLIONS OF FOLLOWERS SHOWING HOW TERRIBLE THE RMA PROCESS IS AND WHY GOING THROUGH THE BANK IS MUCH EASIER.

ASUS, DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. YOU GUYS FAILED TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE APPROPRIATELY, SO I SOLVED IT MYSELF.

Where are you from? Details of the service center could help others too.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
rjay

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the repair center. It sounds like you already filed a dispute and received your money back, but if you can provide me with your RMA number I'd like to follow up on this case to see what happened.
One recommendation is to take photos of the unit before you send it in. In case the unit is damaged in shipping it makes it much easier to make a claim.