Did you mean: 

Random Restarts, now with Theme+Wallpaper RESET, plus a lot more

Kevam
Star I
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 8GB/128GB
Firmware Version: 4.14.117-perf
Rooted or not: Non Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: More than once a week
First of all, it's my first time here so if I'm posting in the wrong place or through the wrong means I'd like to apologise in advance
My phone already randomly freezed and restarted every few weeks, but if that wasn't enough since last week the frequency has increased even more(happened twice in the last 2 days), and now it has mutated into something more. Now everytime the phone restarts, it gets stuck on a booting logo which alternatively brightens up and dims down till infinity.
When I force restart it with volume down and power button, the phone starts up, but the system theme gets reset to default light theme, the wallpapers get reset to default, as well as it starts with airplane mode on(is this some sort of safe mode bootup?). And I fear if this will become even worse and the device might end up completely resetting one day, because I can't backup my phone every single day, I'll still lose my data.
And that's not the only issue, sometimes the display doesn't respond to touches until I turn the power off and back on again(through the power button, not a restart)
And to add to that, there's also the issue where the notification panel doesn't drop down and if I swipe for it to drop down, the phone freezes, goes back to normal after a few swipe ups to go home, but repeats again if I try to pull down the notif panel, this also goes away when I power off and back on.
And the last one, where the complete screen goes black(both lock and home screen) with some very very wierd glitchy lines on the notification panel, this one doesn't get fixed till I force restart the device with volume down and power button. I was able to capture a screenshot of the black glitchy screen somehow, seems to be a software thing? Attaching the screenshots in the thread.

The issue with these problems is, they're recurring issues and really really ruin the experience of using the device, really takes away the premium feel of it, which I always feel from every other ROG product. Is there a way to rectify this? The device is out of warranty but I wish replacement would be possible.
screenshot-20210109-222509650.png
screenshot-20210109-222526559.png

2 REPLIES 2

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Kevam,
The issue listed may worsen as for auto restart its already known.
I would request you to visit service center so that its fixed in time so that these issues don't bother you more.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

Kevam
Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi Kevam,

The issue listed may worsen as for auto restart its already known.

I would request you to visit service center so that its fixed in time so that these issues don't bother you more.

https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

View post
Thank you for your input, though I have a query.
Wouldn't the service centre charge a lot for all these issues, since my device is out of the warranty period?