This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
ruthra4935

Hi.

I noticed that the position of the texts(imei number) on the sticker at the back of my ROG 2 is different from what i see on other ROG 2 phones.

Are there special format (indication) of the sticker at the back of the phone if it is 8gb/12gb ram or 128/256/512gb or 1tb storage?

View post

I don't believe so. If you are concerned about what model you have I can look up your serial number for you.

alfred7209
Star III
El mío lo compre en Gearbest...estos traen este problema ????

meeyee64
Star I
Hi, I just got the phone from local reseller, it is a tencent edition with 'global rom', the phone's hotspot cannot be connected, 4g cell to h+ while my oneplus 6 on same carrier get 4g(maybe because of carrier, idk) , reseller has no return policy. What can I do?
*edit: the phone came in a sealed box.

leomakhubele
Star I
Hi, I also have the same issue where OTA and android play store are not certified. But when I check the serial number against ASUS registration the device is successful. I'm also getting CTS capabilities failures. See screenshots for reference. I reached out to the supplier to find out how to fix this or provide a proper solution to this.
C93CV2V6H79Y.jpg
80CN9BPQ71M9.jpg

deodatsss
Star III
leomakhubele

Hi, I also have the same issue where OTA and android play store are not certified. But when I check the serial number against ASUS registration the device is successful. I'm also getting CTS capabilities failures. See screenshots for reference. I reached out to the supplier to find out how to fix this or provide a proper solution to this.

C93CV2V6H79Y.jpg

80CN9BPQ71M9.jpg

View post
I also bought the Tencent version with Global ROM pre-installed out of the box. Did a safetynet test and it went fine, no major issues. I've been using it for a month.
0FFPPGTEVFJS.jpg