Anand_swamy
Star I
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2105.90_0
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
========================================
For the last few months, my Phone switches off upon connecting the charger and wont go past lock screen(reboot) unless the charger is disconnected( if I try to boot with long press on power button). I See this is a common problem with ROG based on volume of user complaints on this. My phone is 1.5 years old and out of warranty.
On day time I am missing too many work related calls because of this.
Is there a diagnostic tool which logs the cause of reboot? While my phone is on battery power it lags/restarts while it crosses 42 degrees.
@ARP_ASUS What is causing this issue and how much does it cost me to get it fixed.
6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Anand swamy
  1. Model Name: ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2105.90_0
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

========================================

For the last few months, my Phone switches off upon connecting the charger and wont go past lock screen(reboot) unless the charger is disconnected( if I try to boot with long press on power button). I See this is a common problem with ROG based on volume of user complaints on this. My phone is 1.5 years old and out of warranty.

On day time I am missing too many work related calls because of this.

Is there a diagnostic tool which logs the cause of reboot? While my phone is on battery power it lags/restarts while it crosses 42 degrees.

@ARP_ASUS What is causing this issue and how much does it cost me to get it fixed.

Phone Switches off upon connecting the charger
Boot in to safe mode to see if the problem occurs.
If it doesn't happen, then it would be software related. Either remove apps one by one or factory reset and install one by one to see which one is the culprit.
If it happens in safe mode, then go to service centre.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
The usual PM8150 IC being ready to kick the bucket. Contact your nearest service center and get it replaced.

Anand_swamy
Star I
It happens in safe mode too, Have anyone replaced the faulty part here and how much does it cost? I wanna travel to next city for servicing.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anand,
Let me get back to you on this. I will check for this as one of my colleague is looking into this issue.