Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the fix released, then also my device is heating like Hell, whyyyy? I can't play games, the main thing I purchased this mobile for. They say in the fix that battery consumption and heating is fixed but it isn't and all the service centre here in Mumbai is closed. please response mods. pleaseee
screenshot-20200930-122423878.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Gaurav ROGII

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus rog 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After the fix released, then also my device is heating like Hell, whyyyy? I can't play games, the main thing I purchased this mobile for. They say in the fix that battery consumption and heating is fixed but it isn't and all the service centre here in Mumbai is closed. please response mods. pleaseee

screenshot-20200930-122423878.jpg

phone shutting down after the fix
The .49 update was to address the heating and CPU high usage from .47.
So if you had this issue previously, you will probably need to factory reset your phone to see if it happens. If it does, then you should visit a service centre.
XDA forum for ROG 2 indicates that a user who went to service centre had the issue fixed by visiting service centre.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
You mentioned all Service Centre is closed.
The other suggestion is that you can downgrade to A9 to see if it happens. Though, please be warned you will lose data.

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Bro I also downgraded to android 9 but then also the phone was getting locked and restarting while playing games and same charging problem. Android 9 was not as same as the previous one🥺
I request developers to look into this and solve this as it is happening with almost everyone and please fix the delay of screen recorder.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Gaurav ROGII

Bro I also downgraded to android 9 but then also the phone was getting locked and restarting while playing games and same charging problem. Android 9 was not as same as the previous one🥺

I request developers to look into this and solve this as it is happening with almost everyone and please fix the delay of screen recorder.

View post
If it's not working on A9, then unfortunately it has to be the service centre. When it opens, you need to let them know that A9 doesn't work.
I haven't seen much about the screen recorder delay issue apart from a handful. I can't comment on that because I don't get the issue myself.