Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service not working.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus RoG 2
Firmware Version: unsure but Android 10
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 24/7
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am currently on T-Mobile network and have the One Plus plan and I've noticed the service is extremely slow for that plan. So I have decided to take a speed text and I was getting 12-15mbps download and about the same upload. I activated X-Modr feature and it jumps up to nearly 50mbps for download. I did this multiple time to confirm this was accurate and it was. How can I get the speed I was getting on X-Mode without being on X-Mode. I'm unsure if anyone else has the same issue ever ever noticed.
15 REPLIES 15

ronald1985
Community Legend I
shadowsreverse

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus RoG 2
  2. Firmware Version: unsure but Android 10
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 24/7

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I am currently on T-Mobile network and have the One Plus plan and I've noticed the service is extremely slow for that plan. So I have decided to take a speed text and I was getting 12-15mbps download and about the same upload. I activated X-Modr feature and it jumps up to nearly 50mbps for download. I did this multiple time to confirm this was accurate and it was. How can I get the speed I was getting on X-Mode without being on X-Mode. I'm unsure if anyone else has the same issue ever ever noticed.

Phone service not working.
What X-Mode does is basically up the capacity by releasing memory and freeing up CPU resource. You can try and stop the apps from running in the background by going to Settings - Battery - Power Master - Auto Start Manager and do a reboot.
Also, network providers do management on the network, so you can expect some throttling. This is common practice for network providers which prevents interruptions/misuse of their network.
You can check the fimware version by going to Settings - System - About Phone - Software Information which begins with WW or CN. Also, when you respond back with the firmware version, does your phone have the word "Tencent" on the back cover?

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32931/phone-service-not-working

What X-Mode does is basically up the capacity by releasing memory and freeing up CPU resource. You can try and stop the apps from running in the background by going to Settings - Battery - Power Master - Auto Start Manager and do a reboot.

Also, network providers do management on the network, so you can expect some throttling. This is common practice for network providers which prevents interruptions/misuse of their network.

You can check the fimware version by going to Settings - System - About Phone - Software Information which begins with WW or CN. Also, when you respond back with the firmware version, does your phone have the word "Tencent" on the back cover?

View post
There is nothing on the back of my phone besides republic of gamers and the camera info. And the software info from where you told me to find is longs and the WW is like midway and it's under build numbers?
screenshot-20200804-215715637.jpg

ronald1985
Community Legend I
shadowsreverse

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101154#Comment_101154

There is nothing on the back of my phone besides republic of gamers and the camera info. And the software info from where you told me to find is longs and the WW is like midway and it's under build numbers?

screenshot-20200804-215715637.jpg

View post
Can you go to:
Settings - Display - Status Icon Manager and check Mobile Data. Then take a screenshot and post on here please because there's no signal strength on your screenshot.
Unless you are meant to be on WIFI and you are tethering from another device?

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101207#Comment_101207

Can you go to:

Settings - Display - Status Icon Manager and check Mobile Data. Then take a screenshot and post on here please because there's no signal strength on your screenshot.

Unless you are meant to be on WIFI and you are tethering from another device?

View post
For whatever reason my phone never displayed my signal strength until now because you just showed me how lol. Not entirely sure where you need a screenshot bit here's another in the software information with signal information.
screenshot-20200805-044604237.jpg