cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Freezes, Restarted and now stuck in Bootloop

Ralph_Christian
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition ( 1 TB )
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 2
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact Latest Version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I've updated the game "Genshin Impact" before updating that phone was working well.
Then once it got updated the phone freezes then I tried to do a hard power off by holding the power button for 10 to 15 seconds. But it didn't turn off right away so I tried to hold it again and it turned off.

While I was waiting for my phone to restart the phone boot looped. I tried to go to recovery mode and wiped the data and it seems it didn't find any file.

Can you please help why did this occur. Been taking care of this phone a lot. and it will be it's 3rd year this coming months.

215901747-1275064199617591-6161490603764502174-n.jpg
220182205-547613676381198-7771522730546316853-n.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Ralph Christian

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition ( 1 TB )
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 2
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact Latest Version

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I've updated the game "Genshin Impact" before updating that phone was working well.

Then once it got updated the phone freezes then I tried to do a hard power off by holding the power button for 10 to 15 seconds. But it didn't turn off right away so I tried to hold it again and it turned off.

While I was waiting for my phone to restart the phone boot looped. I tried to go to recovery mode and wiped the data and it seems it didn't find any file.

Can you please help why did this occur. Been taking care of this phone a lot. and it will be it's 3rd year this coming months.

215901747-1275064199617591-6161490603764502174-n.jpg

220182205-547613676381198-7771522730546316853-n.jpg

Phone Freezes, Restarted and now stuck in Bootloop
Assume you have lost your data, try the wipe data and factory reset option in recovery.
Sounds like the phone had the bootloader unlocked and was flashed prior to you buying the phone.
But I would check with your dealer before looking into flashing the device yourself.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50887/phone-freezes-restarted-and-now-stuck-in-bootloop

Assume you have lost your data, try the wipe data and factory reset option in recovery.

Sounds like the phone had the bootloader unlocked and was flashed prior to you buying the phone.

But I would check with your dealer before looking into flashing the device yourself.

View post
I did you can see on the logs it has "Data Wipe Failed"

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Ralph Christian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177445#Comment_177445

I did you can see on the logs it has "Data Wipe Failed"

View post
I would try and get your money back from the dealer of you can.
If not, visit service centre and explain the situation.
If you don't mind losing the warranty or incase you already have a tampered device because of the dealer, try XDA forum to see if you can get some help to flash your device with a raw firmware.

Ralph_Christian
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177460#Comment_177460

I would try and get your money back from the dealer of you can.

If not, visit service centre and explain the situation.

If you don't mind losing the warranty or incase you already have a tampered device because of the dealer, try XDA forum to see if you can get some help to flash your device with a raw firmware.

View post
is the device tampered? can you indicate on the screenshot what made it tampered. I'm confused cause I bought this on release day in the Philippines way back December 2019. and it's the official ROG Store there.