This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update even after 3 months of beta testing

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Where the hell is Android 10 update? Probably the only flagship phone still waiting for Android 10 update where Android 11 has already been spotted.
What is the point of spending ₹38k if you are not able to deliver ? Do you expect your customers to stay loyal to you ?
18 REPLIES 18

Aryan202
Community Legend I
deeppaul589

I'm sorry but we have different point of view. Did you look at how OnePlus push updates, and the feature set they provide in there phones

View post
Explain the term feature set to me pal ( do enlighten me what features oneplus has that Asus doesn't ?)
I'm on a Zenfone 5z (a 2018 phone)
Got android 10 in November and i am on January patch right now
BP72HB01GQX2.jpg
Zenfones are easier to update compared to Rog that's the thing
If you bought Rog 2 to get speedy updates you purchased the wrong phone pal
And do tell me how many OEMs send their gaming phones to devs?
How many gaming phones get development?
Rog 2 is a powerhouse pal (Armory crate, RGB sync what not)
They have to double check all the accesories and stuff before issuing a big update ( the beta has been going fluid so far for Rog 2)
Tell me do other "gaming oriented" phones like blackshark 2 and Red magic 3 have an ETA for android 10 yet?
Btw Zen UI based on android 10 is smooth and fluid (I've been using it for like 2 months now )
It'll be worth the wait that's all i can say 😄

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42620#Comment_42620

Explain the term feature set to me pal ( do enlighten me what features oneplus has that Asus doesn't ?)

I'm on a Zenfone 5z (a 2018 phone)

Got android 10 in November and i am on January patch right now

BP72HB01GQX2.jpg

Zenfones are easier to update compared to Rog that's the thing

If you bought Rog 2 to get speedy updates you purchased the wrong phone pal

And do tell me how many OEMs send their gaming phones to devs?

How many gaming phones get development?

Rog 2 is a powerhouse pal (Armory crate, RGB sync what not)

They have to double check all the accesories and stuff before issuing a big update ( the beta has been going fluid so far for Rog 2)

Tell me do other "gaming oriented" phones like blackshark 2 and Red magic 3 have an ETA for android 10 yet?

Btw Zen UI based on android 10 is smooth and fluid (I've been using it for like 2 months now )

It'll be worth the wait that's all i can say 😄

View post
What is the difference between update this phone and others? Just because it have better spec's doesn't say it harder? Computer run windows update direct when they come out and it's so much more specs then on phone... or maybe it's just that the dev team is not fitting for this work?

Kanu
Rising Star II
Cenimm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/42629#Comment_42629

What is the difference between update this phone and others? Just because it have better spec's doesn't say it harder? Computer run windows update direct when they come out and it's so much more specs then on phone... or maybe it's just that the dev team is not fitting for this work?

View post
There's a lot more stuff on the rog that aren't in normal phones. They need all accessories to work properly, the rgb logo, armoury crate, game genie, the second usb-c, even the 120hz screen needs configurations to not glitch and fluctuate between different resolutions. After all that comes the normal day-to-day stuff and bugs of normal phones. So chill out. OnePlus except new 7t series was full of bugs in it's other phones running a10. Release delay with less bugs is better than a quick one which hampers the user experience.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
Please don't ask me not to expect quicker updates, Asus is not doing charity here, I've paid a premium for premium service.
If you they don't want to provide, they can clearly ask me, next time I'll look for other options, lots of options are out there.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
It's not that I don't appreciate the features in this phone, but I expect better service.