This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update 17.0240.2007.27 , one of the worst updates ever, Don't update your phones!!

la10sooony8002
Star III
This update is the worst update ever. My phone is hot like a toaster. I can't even hold my phone for more than a minute since the update. The heat coming out of the phone is unbearable. Please fix it.

Don't update your phones guys. Don't.
51 REPLIES 51

ronald1985
Community Legend I
For the people who did it the manual way, was the file 2.29 GB? If not, you may want to try that and see if it helps. The link is and choose the one which is 2.29GB (only one) Version WW-17.0240.2007.27, posted on the 14th July.
ROG Phone II BIOS & FIRMWARE | Phone | ASUS Global

mohdashrafshari
Star III
Hi @Gustav_ASUS , can please advice how to PM you?

I cannot seem to PM you directly.

Rajat_Kumar
Zen Master I
la10sooony8002

This update is the worst update ever. My phone is hot like a toaster. I can't even hold my phone for more than a minute since the update. The heat coming out of the phone is unbearable. Please fix it.

Don't update your phones guys. Don't.

New update 17.0240.2007.27 , one of the worst updates ever, Don't update your phones!!
It would actually be a good idea to support your claims with screenshots of temperatures across the device so that everyone can get the real picture.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
anyone manage to solve the FOTA update issue?

Hi all, not sure if this will apply to everyone's issue updating to the latest here but at long last I was able to update to the android 10 version: UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0240.2007.27-1.1.204-user.zip
I have the ww tencent logo on the back and my software was on the below android 9 version when I constantly got the update failed message: Version WW-16.0631.1910.44
The solution for me was updating to the latest and last Android 9 firmware on the Asus firmware page for Rog 2 first before updating to android 10. The last ww android 9 firmware is called: Version WW-16.0631.1910.64 Dated 2019/12/19
Update this the manual way in the Asus guide. Downloading the file then moving it from the downloads folder to internal storage. Then restarting the phone and it detects the file, without saying update failed after.
Once that was done and updated was the able to download the latest.
I so far have found this update better in terms of performance and battery life without any heating issues or anything mentioned in this and other forums.
A little weird I couldn't just hop directly to the latest firmware first but hope the above solves anyone elses issues also.
Kind regards,