This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rog phone 2 is dead

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
So I'm gonna tell you everything from the start, when I updated my rog 2 then the device was heating so much and I couldn't play games, This was faced by all the Rog 2 users, then I red a thread and by following the steps and downgraded my rog 2 to Android 9, I downgraded it on 26 sep and from 27 sep onwards again the device was heating so much, screen blacking out and charging problems even on android 9😭🥺
Now I upgraded again to a10 and updated the fix then also its heating so much, please help please:(

11 REPLIES 11

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Gaurav ROGII

So I'm gonna tell you everything from the start, when I updated my rog 2 then the device was heating so much and I couldn't play games, This was faced by all the Rog 2 users, then I red a thread and by following the steps and downgraded my rog 2 to Android 9, I downgraded it on 26 sep and from 27 sep onwards again the device was heating so much, screen blacking out and charging problems even on android 9😭🥺

Now I upgraded again to a10 and updated the fix then also its heating so much, please help please:(

My rog phone 2 is dead
Are you using the latest firmware .49?

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
Yes I'm using the latest firmfare

elon1
Star I
Posting this via my old Galaxy S8+ as my ROG Phone 2 which was working 30 minutes ago with 70%+ battery is now unresponsive, even after being plugged into the charger. No RGB, no response from lock button, nothing on the screen.
Any ideas on what to do now?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
elon1

Posting this via my old Galaxy S8+ as my ROG Phone 2 which was working 30 minutes ago with 70%+ battery is now unresponsive, even after being plugged into the charger. No RGB, no response from lock button, nothing on the screen.

Any ideas on what to do now?

View post
Try force shutdown. I think the keys to hold is volume down + power button together. Hold this for a minute because you dont know when the phone is off. Wait for a few seconds and power back on phone.