This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Desktop Dock Display Port In - How to use?

averym_ita
Star I
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 & Mobile Desktop Dock
Firmware Version: Most Recent
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not app related
Hi there, just got my Mobile Desktop Dock for the ROG Phone 2 and I am just a bit confused as to how to use the display port in, or how it functions.

I have a 165Hz Sceptre Monitor with 1 Display Port input, connected to my PC with 1 display port Output. I have connected my PC via the USB-Micro B, which works fine, however I'm not sure how to configure the display ports. I have plugged in a display port cable to both my PC DP Output as well as my Monitor's DP Input and neither give me anything. I can't find any information on how it's supposed to work or what it's supposed to do even, haha!

Anyway, this is not for the HDMI and Displayport Output on the Mobile Desktop dock. Those work fine. I just want to know how I'm supposed to use the Display Port Input.
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

Razgriz
Rising Star II
As i know, u should plug ur dp from pc to dock, not to monitor..
U can switch which one to use monitor, ur phone or pc, from button on front..
CMIIW

averym_ita
Star I
Razgriz

CMIIW

View post
Interesting, I see thank you. That is quite odd I feel, lol. I have a `165Hz monitor which only has 1 Display port, so from what I understand with this, I would want to plug in 1 DP cable between my PC and my Mobile Dock, and another DP cable between my Mobile Dock Port and the 165Hz monitor itself.

Then, when using PC mode my 165Hz monitor will be using the Display Port version of my 165Hz monitor, and when using Mobile mode my 165Hz monitor will be used with the ROG Phone.

That is interesting, thank you for clearing that up. I have one more question - since the back I/O allows for both HDMI and Display Port, is it possible to use different monitors - 1 Display Port monitors (165Hz) and 1 HDMI only monitor?

I will play with this myself. Thanks again, it's very much appreciated.

averym_ita
Star I
Razgriz

CMIIW

View post
Wow yep, here I am typing this through the mobile desktop, 2 display ports for 1 monitor from 2 sources. Tap PC, PC monitor. Tap Mobile, ROG Monitor.

Great, thank you again.