This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2G only network option

maczugapl
Star II
Coming from another phones I immediately noticed the lack of '2G only' option for cellular network. Why such decision? I noticed my phone is changing a lot between networks, dropping connection thus losing battery due to that. Also during gaming I see no reason to stay on 2G/3G toggle which is enough to cause lags in case of Wi-Fi drop. Might as well just use 2G and conserve some battery.
Could we please have '2G only' option (next to 2G/3G and 2G/3G/4G) for cellular network?
13 REPLIES 13

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
Is it a drop from Wi-Fi to 3G instead?

maczugapl
Star II
jetjosh92

Is it a drop from Wi-Fi to 3G instead?

View post
I don't really understand your question.
All I am asking for is a '2G only' toggle, because there are some people that do not care about mobile data transfer and are always on WiFi, and with weak mobile network coverage you end up with phone toggling between 2G/3G constantly, with each switch causing some battery drain. Since 2G is still a thing in Europe (not really usable for browsing and media, but enough for calls and messages), having such toggle is a huge battery saver.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
maczugapl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/34773#Comment_34773

I don't really understand your question.

All I am asking for is a '2G only' toggle, because there are some people that do not care about mobile data transfer and are always on WiFi, and with weak mobile network coverage you end up with phone toggling between 2G/3G constantly, with each switch causing some battery drain. Since 2G is still a thing in Europe (not really usable for browsing and media, but enough for calls and messages), having such toggle is a huge battery saver.

View post
ok right I get it now, I wasn't sure if you were playing online games and if you are moving around a lot and I thought it might be a WiFi drop and it goes to 3G which also eats the battery. But now that I understand your problem yea I think there should be an option for 2G only which I think other phones from other brands still have I think...

Mvarun
Rising Star I
Why not just turn off mobile data completely?