This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk about asus rog phone 2 after Android 10..

jay_kunwar66
Star III
So, i bought asus rog 2 but I can't recommend to this anyone.
Hardware is awesome
But software sucks
Previously i had sony xperia, samsung and i have used oneplus phone..these phone have great software without any bug
Asus zenui sucks. Even developers doesn't care about it...they don't update their own apps
These are the problems with software
1. Contact and dialler Ui are garbage old fashined. Previously they had background image in dialler but they replace it with ugly color
2. Casting has no resolution option.
3. After A10 back button behaving like home button instead of going back it always go to home
4. Dual audio can be implemented for bluetooth 5.0
5. No customisation
6. Outdated asus app with 0 customisation
7. Display changes its color automatically
8. After A10 wakeup screen for new notifications problem. Its wakes phone at almost low brightness.
9. Boring lock screen doesn't support any widget
10. After a10 while playing music lock screen shows blurred album art
11. There is no wifi calling
Sorry to say but u should learn from samsung and one plus for software
If u guys wants to be in competition
I'm not gonna buy again asus for its software
Hope u will listen..
Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
nayyar.rahul18

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/49414#Comment_49414

thanks it worked but it didnt solve the problem that the phone has stopped detecting the thernet port. It detects the ethernet port for a little while like ranging from 2 to 10 min and then it wont recognize the asus professional dock as an ethernet device as well.

View post
Idk man if you had no issues getting it to work before definitely your doing it the wrong way my friend . If it was A10 that caused the issue it should have been fixed with the rollback. If you have a reset option in the Asus dock try doing it or maybe it has something to do with USB settings . I do not have much knowledge about this since I haven't used it.

basumataryneetu
Star III
Enable usb debugging from developers option.

imranhashmi0011
Star II
IF NOTIFICATIONS COME BUT NO DOT SHOWING OVER THE APP IF IT'S ON IT IS A BIG ISSUE WHIT THIS A10 UPDATE OR DOESN'T CONNECTING MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES AFTER A10 UPDATE IT'S ALWAYS SHOWING UNABLE TO CONNECT

ssorder
Star I
I'm glad I found this thread. I was waiting for OTA in Thailand, but I think I'll wait and see how the next firmware goes. Sounds like there is no benefit for me to upgrade to Android 10 and it might in fact cause more problems.

nayyar_rahul18
Rising Star I
@sauravshanbhogue thanks for the tips. I tried that too. And now have deposited my phone in the service centre.
Also, I think a driver update pertaining to the USB interface might have affected the way it behaves now.
Also I read somewhere that Anders said that one needs to change the country code of the phone or the USB professional Dock. I didn't understand that comment, hence I am seeking ways to troubleshoot my problem from the development team which I think are seemingly busy at the moment