Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kunai Gamepad 3 on ROG Phone 2 - Connection & Joystick Sensitivity

Shawn0102
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 with Kunai Gamepad 3
Firmware Version: Latest, not sure where to look for it.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact & PUBG Mobile
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had my Kunai Gamepad 3 few months ago, it was working fine during initial times. Recently I face a major issue is the unstable connection between the controllers & phone. Im using USB mode. During the gameplay, the connection will on & off itself without taking off the controller. While my character is running in the game but it suddenly standing still, then i noticed the connection of controller is off. It happens so often & makes me feel irritating. is there any patch or method to fix it?
Another issue is right joystick will automatically click on the screen without i touch it. it seems like the joystick is malfunctioning. should i or can i claim it from dealer?
Since the days i bought the gamepad, updating firmware is quite a pain. as it takes many attempts to complete, and there is no way to uninstall & reinstall the firmware. is there a way to do so?
When i connect the controller with phone, i cannot use headphone thru 3.5mm jack at aero activecooler accessories. is this a default setting or any method to resolve it?
Thank you very much.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Shawn0102

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2 with Kunai Gamepad 3
  2. Firmware Version: Latest, not sure where to look for it.
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact & PUBG Mobile

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I had my Kunai Gamepad 3 few months ago, it was working fine during initial times. Recently I face a major issue is the unstable connection between the controllers & phone. Im using USB mode. During the gameplay, the connection will on & off itself without taking off the controller. While my character is running in the game but it suddenly standing still, then i noticed the connection of controller is off. It happens so often & makes me feel irritating. is there any patch or method to fix it?

Another issue is right joystick will automatically click on the screen without i touch it. it seems like the joystick is malfunctioning. should i or can i claim it from dealer?

Since the days i bought the gamepad, updating firmware is quite a pain. as it takes many attempts to complete, and there is no way to uninstall & reinstall the firmware. is there a way to do so?

When i connect the controller with phone, i cannot use headphone thru 3.5mm jack at aero activecooler accessories. is this a default setting or any method to resolve it?

Thank you very much.

Kunai Gamepad 3 on ROG Phone 2 - Connection & Joystick Sensitivity
Try to clear out the ports carefully.
If you are still facing problems, visiting a service centre would definately be recommended.
I dont think you can uninstall firmwares for accessories. I think it is part of the main firmware. Then again, I am not too sure.
I dont know about the last question either. Sorry, I cant help on thoose.

Shawn0102
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47079/kunai-gamepad-3-on-rog-phone-2-connection-joystick-sens...

Try to clear out the ports carefully.

If you are still facing problems, visiting a service centre would definately be recommended.

I dont think you can uninstall firmwares for accessories. I think it is part of the main firmware. Then again, I am not too sure.

I dont know about the last question either. Sorry, I cant help on thoose.

View post
Hi.. thanks for the reply.. is there any steps or method to clear out the ports?..
im from Malaysia, not sure if service centre can help or not.. otherwise the common solution is surrender the console to them for checking, and this will take ages to come back.. feels not fair after i spent money on it but i did not get to enjoy it..

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Shawn0102

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/163035#Comment_163035

Hi.. thanks for the reply.. is there any steps or method to clear out the ports?..

im from Malaysia, not sure if service centre can help or not.. otherwise the common solution is surrender the console to them for checking, and this will take ages to come back.. feels not fair after i spent money on it but i did not get to enjoy it..

View post
I would try blowing it before putting anything in. Basically, you are trying to clean any dust out.
Sorry to hear that - but I don't think they need your phone unless they can proof it is your phone. Otherwise, they can just take the gamepad and check. Hope that makes sense.