cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT'S BEEN A MONTH AND YET NO INFO !!!!

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Hello Asus team,
So its been a month and i heard nothing from you guys in regard to the fix of red tint ( that appears on grey background i.w brightness less than 30% ) , DC dimming update ( which makes brightness go lesser than what Rog 2 provides ) Android 10 official stable release , camera improvements ( Chroma boost needed as natural images seems to dead to eyes )
Please think from the consumer point of view , if you guys keep ignoring our simple requests how can we trust Asus in future ?
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
8 REPLIES 8

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I am no expert but I suspect that you have a unit with a defective screen.
Here is what you can do to check
1) go to the calculator
2) type .12345+=
It will then prompt you to enable your location setting if you did not turn it on. (you can skip that or you can enable it if you are testing any location related function)
3) go to single test
4) find the test "Display test"
5) start the test and see if your screen has that red tint or any vertical or horizontal lines
if they are still present even in the display test, it means that it is not software but a screen defect...sad to say Amoled screens have this manufacturing defect at times.
Hope this helps and if you can, do try to ask for a one to one exchange if it is a confirmed screen defect.
I had this before on my ROG phone 1 and previous Samsung note 3
Cheers!

Side note, I don't think you want them to release Android 10 anytime soon because I am definitely sure there will be many bugs with it if they release the android 10 quickly and you might find your ROG phone more broken than it currently is....Since the ROG phone is pack loaded with so many features...

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
jetjosh92

I am no expert but I suspect that you have a unit with a defective screen.

Here is what you can do to check

1) go to the calculator

2) type .12345+=

It will then prompt you to enable your location setting if you did not turn it on. (you can skip that or you can enable it if you are testing any location related function)

3) go to single test

4) find the test "Display test"

5) start the test and see if your screen has that red tint or any vertical or horizontal lines

if they are still present even in the display test, it means that it is not software but a screen defect...sad to say Amoled screens have this manufacturing defect at times.

Hope this helps and if you can, do try to ask for a one to one exchange if it is a confirmed screen defect.

I had this before on my ROG phone 1 and previous Samsung note 3

Cheers!

Side note, I don't think you want them to release Android 10 anytime soon because I am definitely sure there will be many bugs with it if they release the android 10 quickly and you might find your ROG phone more broken than it currently is....Since the ROG phone is pack loaded with so many features...

View post
This is a universal issues through all Rog 2 builds.. i.e grey background looks reddish when brightness is lower than 30%
Check out that with Rog 2

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Check out that with Rog 2 theme

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
I don't think mine is too bad but now that you guys mentioned it. This had been around since the first ROG phone