Lulleh
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every 15min
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since about a month ago, my phone is dropping connection every 15min when it's closed. This can be in the middle of a call even (timed it today and it happened exactly 15min into the call and then again 30min (15min later) into the same call. If I leave my phone on the desk and don't touch it, I get no notification of people write to me on WhatsApp for example and when I press the power button and unlock the phone I can have some 10+ messages popping up.

Any ideas? 😞
9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Lulleh

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99248#Comment_99248

The first thing was already set as it should. I tried to reset and restart but it's still there. Didn't have an opportunity to try until last night.

View post
Can you try to see if you get disconnected at 15 minutes within Safe Mode please? Hopefully it will give us an indication on what the problem is.

Lulleh
Star III
How would I test it with safe mode on? WhatsApp is disabled so I suppose I need so measure using something else?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Lulleh

How would I test it with safe mode on? WhatsApp is disabled so I suppose I need so measure using something else?

View post
What about other apps? Can you try to call someone for more than 15 min using another app?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
And do you experience any difference if you're using mobile data VS Wifi?
I'm assuming you can browse the internet for more than 15 min since you only mentioned IM apps

Lulleh
Star III
Anders_ASUS

And do you experience any difference if you're using mobile data VS Wifi?

I'm assuming you can browse the internet for more than 15 min since you only mentioned IM apps

View post
Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Been super busy with other things.

First of all, I just tried a call on Messenger app and it did NOT disconnect so it seems the issue may be tied to WhatsApp.

I've yet to try wifi to see if a WA call survives longer than the 15min mark but I will try it as soon as I get an opportunity.

Browsing was never an issue, since I am in the phone then, with the screen turn in. It's when I press the power button (and put the phone in the pocket) that the "timer" starts.

As I said, I can leave he phone on the desk for say 3 hours and no notifications. Then I open / press the power button and bam, 30 new messages