Lulleh
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every 15min
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since about a month ago, my phone is dropping connection every 15min when it's closed. This can be in the middle of a call even (timed it today and it happened exactly 15min into the call and then again 30min (15min later) into the same call. If I leave my phone on the desk and don't touch it, I get no notification of people write to me on WhatsApp for example and when I press the power button and unlock the phone I can have some 10+ messages popping up.

Any ideas? 😞
9 REPLIES 9

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Lulleh

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every 15min
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Since about a month ago, my phone is dropping connection every 15min when it's closed. This can be in the middle of a call even (timed it today and it happened exactly 15min into the call and then again 30min (15min later) into the same call. If I leave my phone on the desk and don't touch it, I get no notification of people write to me on WhatsApp for example and when I press the power button and unlock the phone I can have some 10+ messages popping up.

Any ideas? 😞

Internet timeout every 15 min
For the notifications, ensure you have the apps enabled on start-up in the Battery menu.
Can you tell us what you see on the screen when you disconnect on 30 minutes of a call? Is this just a normal phone call or is it using something like WhatsApp or Messenger, Google Talk, etc?

Lulleh
Star III
Battery options is in check, never changed it either.
I don't know if it happens on phone calls as well, I rarely use that for calls nowdays.
What do you mean with what I see? If the phone is left locked for over 15min, I get no notifications, when I unlock the phone after say an hour, I can receive over 10 messages as if the internet connection isn't on until then (which is what happens).

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Lulleh

Battery options is in check, never changed it either.

I don't know if it happens on phone calls as well, I rarely use that for calls nowdays.

What do you mean with what I see? If the phone is left locked for over 15min, I get no notifications, when I unlock the phone after say an hour, I can receive over 10 messages as if the internet connection isn't on until then (which is what happens).

View post
What I meant is there anything that is showing the Internet is timing out for you?
By the sounds of the issue, it does sound like your apps are sleeping/hibernating. You said battery never changed, but what the phone does is learn to when to hibernate or put the apps to sleep.
I would try two things:
Suggestion 1:
Settings - Battery - PowerMaster - Auto-start manager - ensure apps that you want notifications to be enabled;
Settings -Battery Optimization - Under All drop down box, ensure you have apps that you want notifications, are not optimized.
Once these settings are done, restart your phone.
Suggestion 2:
You can try doing this if you think the Internet is timing out and not the apps sleeping/hibernating.
Settings - Sysytem - Reset Options - Reset WIFI, mobile & bluetooth.

Lulleh
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/99061#Comment_99061

What I meant is there anything that is showing the Internet is timing out for you?

By the sounds of the issue, it does sound like your apps are sleeping/hibernating. You said battery never changed, but what the phone does is learn to when to hibernate or put the apps to sleep.

I would try two things:

Suggestion 1:

Settings - Battery - PowerMaster - Auto-start manager - ensure apps that you want notifications to be enabled;

Settings -Battery Optimization - Under All drop down box, ensure you have apps that you want notifications, are not optimized.

Once these settings are done, restart your phone.

Suggestion 2:

You can try doing this if you think the Internet is timing out and not the apps sleeping/hibernating.

Settings - Sysytem - Reset Options - Reset WIFI, mobile & bluetooth.

View post
The first thing was already set as it should. I tried to reset and restart but it's still there. Didn't have an opportunity to try until last night.