Did you mean: 

Hypercharge not functioning properly

Pacer
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 2 12/512
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: Not / Stock
Frequency of Occurrence: Every single time while charging.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1) While HyperCharge status seems to be active, battery goes down instead of up (even while charging when powered off)
2) Whilst in some situations, when the power does go up, it takes 8hrs to charge 8~10% (in theory, charging to 100% may take 80~100hrs / 3 ~ 4 full days, 24hrs non stop charging)
3) While there are no user induced deficiencies, I had concluded that based on my tests above, the battery "may" be deficient (hardware issue) but
4) Having tried out charging while connected to TwinView, HyperCharge works as normal.
TLDR;
ROG2 does not charge while icon n status is on. Both ports don't work (even w/ AAcoolerII) but works if connected to TwinView dock.

Please advise. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

Pacer
Star II
On a side note, the actual model number/ID is ASUS_I001DC. Sorry for the inaccurate info. Thanks

Pacer
Star II
Is there no one that can be of assistance? 😞

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Pacer

Is there no one that can be of assistance? 😞

View post
Have you tried new charger or/and new cable?
What happens if you turn your phone off and charge? Does it charge?

Pacer
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130187#Comment_130187

Have you tried new charger or/and new cable?

What happens if you turn your phone off and charge? Does it charge?

View post
Yes, I have a spare, brand new charger. Both chargers have the same issue. Turning off the phone while charging most of the time, end up discharging instead of charging. But it'll eventually end up charging a few hours later. However, once when docked into twinview dock, it seems to be fine. Though I don't wish to be carrying the dock ask the time just so I can charge my phone. I did do the battery calibration (0% then back to 100%) with no issues.

Thanks for replying. This problem's driving me nuts. 😧