This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I rollback to a previous software version?

sparsh_gupta252
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 8/128 (in)
Firmware Version: latest a10
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am quite frustrated with this phone as of late, considering i never had any issues before the latest update. The phone keeps on shutting down when i am plugged in or playing asphalt 9. I have tried resetting my entire phone hoping it will fix stuff, but to no avail. I have good charging habits too, i have never left it to charge, above 80%. How do i rollback to a previous update, or even A9 for that matter?
2 REPLIES 2

sparsh_gupta252
Star II
I would still like to add, that all of these unexpected shutdown issues have started recently. And so many other people are also experiencing this same issue, RECENTLY. There are multiple people having this issue on zentalk, and many more on rog2 xda. All in the last update. Please, asus team, look into the issue. It cant be a coincidence that so many people are having the same issue suddenly in the last update, when it had been a smooth sailing before all this. I beg you.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
You can downgrade your device to Android 9 by heading over to our support website:
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ROG-Phone-II/HelpDesk_Download/
Look for the 'Version Android 10 downgrade to P (WW)' package and follow the instructions. Just remember to backup any important data beforehand, as this process will wipe your device.