jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
Firmware Version: 17.0204.2007.27
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
i've posted this to chinese forum let me rephrase i english here and see if anyone can help.
While hypercharging with original Hypercharger and cable, i can feel the phone getting quite warm, as checked at Armoury Crate, CPU increase to around 5x degree celcius. As there is no battery temperature info so i cant tell what is the temperature of battery
Just want to know if this temperature range is normal? I didnt do anything while charging but turned ON, and the temperature went down after i unplug the cable.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
jasonwch

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0204.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

i've posted this to chinese forum let me rephrase i english here and see if anyone can help.

While hypercharging with original Hypercharger and cable, i can feel the phone getting quite warm, as checked at Armoury Crate, CPU increase to around 5x degree celcius. As there is no battery temperature info so i cant tell what is the temperature of battery

Just want to know if this temperature range is normal? I didnt do anything while charging but turned ON, and the temperature went down after i unplug the cable.

heat up while battery charging
With hypercharge, it is normal for the device to be warm when it is charging. It should cool down eventually.
When you can, can you indicate the temperature is showing on crate?

jasonwch
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34623/heat-up-while-battery-charging

With hypercharge, it is normal for the device to be warm when it is charging. It should cool down eventually.

When you can, can you indicate the temperature is showing on crate?

View post
will capture if i do HC later

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
This is normal and your device temperature will peak around ~60%. It will cool off as it reaches full charge.