This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Message's not able to Receive on Google FI

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I've been using Google Fi on my phone since it came out and haven't had much issue. Google just recently announced that Fi was going to stop supporting Hangouts and I'd need to use Messages. But it can only seem to send messages but not receive.

I have tried completely uninstalling Hangouts and setting Messages to default, but it still can't receive messages. Also tried the Beta version of Messages with no luck.

Everything is updated to the latest.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Volodesi

I've been using Google Fi on my phone since it came out and haven't had much issue. Google just recently announced that Fi was going to stop supporting Hangouts and I'd need to use Messages. But it can only seem to send messages but not receive.

I have tried completely uninstalling Hangouts and setting Messages to default, but it still can't receive messages. Also tried the Beta version of Messages with no luck.

Everything is updated to the latest.

Google Message's not able to Receive on Google FI
Could be that you need to setup chat features. I'm guessing your other device sends all messages as data and not SMS. In your messages app, press the three dot menu and then settings. After this press Chat features and enable everything

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I figured it out awhile back.

I had to go into Hangouts and tell it to specifically not intercept Google Fi's SMS anymore. They also updated Messages to have a Google Fi section where I could select my account. It carried over all my old messages from Hangouts.