Did you mean: 

Google assistant

Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2 GLOBAL
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: EVERYTIME
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google/Google Assistant Latest
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have observed since the beginning that google assistant have been trash after rog 2 android 10 update has been dropped. I tried downgrading to android 9 and google assistant voice commands works flawlessly but after android 10 updates i am facing several issues.
1. I say "ok google" and it pops up but it doesn't write what i say unless i say ok google again then it works. It happens 4/5 tries.
2. After saying "ok google" it pops up and says "unable to connect" error. It happened sometimes like 3/5 tries.
Now trying to fix it in my android 10 rog 2 i deleted app cache, app updates and cleared app data and now i am stuck with an error that won't let me use the wake up command!! Please help me!! Fix it asus please i beg you. No more bugs pls.
I tried everything, restarting device, switching to wifi, turning on and off the aeroplane mode, even i am on latest google version and google assistant version. I cannot get past this error!!
screenshot-20200825-230540130.jpg
@Anders_ASUS @TITAN @Gustav_ASUS
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I'll pass this on so we can take a closer look at it, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Akash Gupta Do you still have trouble connecting? In that case, try removing and re-adding your Google account. Also check if it's the same for Wi-Fi and mobile data.

Not applicable
Gustav_ASUS

@Akash Gupta Do you still have trouble connecting? In that case, try removing and re-adding your Google account. Also check if it's the same for Wi-Fi and mobile data.

View post
I fixed it by removing all google accounts but fix it!! Its a serious issue same as screen recorder audio delay. Fix both and add new features in new update. Tell me the estimate of when will the update come??

Vamp
Zen Master I
It's a serious issue for me as I use Google assistant on a regular basis for managing calander, scheduling meetings, etc... Whenever device is locked with screen off even it have personalized content on lock screen on, whenever I say "Hey Google" screen wakes up and if I say something it's not gonna register until I say "Hey Google" again... Sometimes saying again doesn't work so I have to unlock device to make assistant work.