This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost touch, black frame beside the screen peeling off, unusable power button and more problems

raizel
Star II
i regret buying this mobile,
the power button is not working. its not clickable anymore. as of now im using the " Lift to check phone " in settings as a replacement to power button. its all because of the developers, the restart and shutdown screen appeared after holding the power button for long time it is not quick. i complained to devs before. they did nothing and the power button is gone now
the black frame on sides of the phone is peeling off, every day small black pieces of coating is falling off. its on my bed, my clothes, everywhere.
ghost touch started happening recently, when my hands are sweaty and i use the phone, the screen is going bonkers.
battery degradation - its started happening im using battery care since i bought the phone but still battery is draining fast
RED TINT - bcoz of this cant even able to watch movies in the dark the screen is pixelated the black part is alllooking like pixels an etc i tried 1080p videos, hdr videos etc.
also are we getting android 11 ? or is the development dead for this device ..?
u basically stole our ideas which we asked for rog 2 and gave them to rog 3. this is basically cheating. Sharam karo thoda.
where are the accent colors and icon shape settings in developer options and gesture support for 3rd party launchers ?
samsung is supporting gestures for 3rd party launchers. whats wrong with u ? also why did u remove ur own gestures ?
we demand all the rog 3 software features to be ported to rog2 if it was not that hard to do. 😡
i put my hard earned 40000 rupees in this.

15 REPLIES 15

Abii
Star III
Same bro, asus can't handle

monalac
Rising Star I
raizel

• the power button is not working. its not clickable anymore. as of now im using the " Lift to check phone " in settings as a replacement to power button. its all because of the developers, the restart and shutdown screen appeared after holding the power button for long time it is not quick. i complained to devs before. they did nothing and the power button is gone now
  • the black frame on sides of the phone is peeling off, every day small black pieces of coating is falling off. its on my bed, my clothes, everywhere.
  • ghost touch started happening recently, when my hands are sweaty and i use the phone, the screen is going bonkers.
  • battery degradation - its started happening im using battery care since i bought the phone but still battery is draining fast
  • RED TINT - bcoz of this cant even able to watch movies in the dark the screen is pixelated the black part is alllooking like pixels an etc i tried 1080p videos, hdr videos etc.

u basically stole our ideas which we asked for rog 2 and gave them to rog 3. this is basically cheating. Sharam karo thoda.

where are the accent colors and icon shape settings in developer options and gesture support for 3rd party launchers ?

samsung is supporting gestures for 3rd party launchers. whats wrong with u ? also why did u remove ur own gestures ?

we demand all the rog 3 software features to be ported to rog2 if it was not that hard to do. 😡

Ghost touch, black frame beside the screen peeling off, unusable power button and more problems
Its my 1st and last Asus Device

ronald1985
Community Legend I
raizel

• the power button is not working. its not clickable anymore. as of now im using the " Lift to check phone " in settings as a replacement to power button. its all because of the developers, the restart and shutdown screen appeared after holding the power button for long time it is not quick. i complained to devs before. they did nothing and the power button is gone now
  • the black frame on sides of the phone is peeling off, every day small black pieces of coating is falling off. its on my bed, my clothes, everywhere.
  • ghost touch started happening recently, when my hands are sweaty and i use the phone, the screen is going bonkers.
  • battery degradation - its started happening im using battery care since i bought the phone but still battery is draining fast
  • RED TINT - bcoz of this cant even able to watch movies in the dark the screen is pixelated the black part is alllooking like pixels an etc i tried 1080p videos, hdr videos etc.

Power button issue - you should visit a service centre to get this rectified. Where is your post complaining about this issue? It's only a 3 seconds press and it doesn't take much effort. If you really hate the power button, there's always an app which allows you to do shut down at one press.
The black frame on sides of the phone is peeling off. You will need to visit a service centre for the power button, you will need to do the same for this.
Ghost Touch - Not sure how you want this to be rectified? Perhaps dry yourself when as you play.
Do you have some stats? If you're using apps like AccuBattery or apps that claims to know your battery stats, it would be inaccurate unless you have root access. Otherwise, it will be the apps you have installed. At the end of day, the phone will be out of date in a few years time like other phone, I would make the most of what you have. Apps like Accubattery is more prone to draining your battery and it is staying on to measure the usage.
Red Tint - there's ongoing post about this. Though you brought a gaming phone and not a video quality phone 😏
Android 11, personally, I would want ASUS to spend their time on development and making sure it is good rather than rushing and then bringing out a software with lots of bugs.
Gesture on 3rd party launchers - if things was that easy, I'm sure Asus would have resolved the issue by now. Give them time 😃
Please add to the list of software for ROG 2, it would be very useful for us:
ASUS News App - We want to keep everyone happy to see what is currently under development for ROG 2.
Random music when playing on a game. Most of us will play a game and listen to songs and not the game music.
Give us the ability to set/automatic reminder if we are playing on games for too long. This will be promoting your health while gaming and it will give ASUS the reputation it deserves.
Mirror app - the ability to see myself when playing a game to record or see my reaction.

Swaraj
Rising Star II

raizel

I agree with last 3 points bro, but ghost touch happens to me when m using insta n airtrigger flickers when temp of device rises to 48 degree while gaming