This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze and Restart Issue

realhacker2015
Star II
I am using Asus ROG Phone 2 and currently on Android 10. Like the Zenfone 6.167 update triggered the motherboard issue. I can say that something happened to our Rogue 2 during Android 10.

This happened for most devices, I can't use WhatsApp and play games during multitasking or charging. My phone is restarting.

What if I'm using it?

I know this is a hardware issue. But why is Asus not saying anything or accepting his side problem like he did for zenfone 6.

And please do not tell me about factory reset. I did this 5 times and I tried all the Android 10 stable versions and Android 9 as well.
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
realhacker2015

I am using Asus ROG Phone 2 and currently on Android 10. Like the Zenfone 6.167 update triggered the motherboard issue. I can say that something happened to our Rogue 2 during Android 10.

This happened for most devices, I can't use WhatsApp and play games during multitasking or charging. My phone is restarting.

What if I'm using it?

I know this is a hardware issue. But why is Asus not saying anything or accepting his side problem like he did for zenfone 6.

And please do not tell me about factory reset. I did this 5 times and I tried all the Android 10 stable versions and Android 9 as well.

Freeze and Restart Issue
The advice made by moderator/admins is to take the device to a service centre. You can see the recommendation here:
Jerel

Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)

Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.

Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.

Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem
You can find the location of your service centre here:

Choose your region | Official Support | ASUS Global

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Sorry to hear this. If you feel the device is restarting again and again even during normal operation.
I advice you to Kindly visit the nearest service center:
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india