This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Manager needs optimization

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Default file manager really takes lots of time to refresh.
It also doesnt show me files quickly in categories section.
for an instance, i use taptap store and when i update it, the downloaded apk doesnt show in file managers APK section.
if i close file manager and open it after a while then there i can see my apk in apk section.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Swaraj

Default file manager really takes lots of time to refresh.

It also doesnt show me files quickly in categories section.

for an instance, i use taptap store and when i update it, the downloaded apk doesnt show in file managers APK section.

if i close file manager and open it after a while then there i can see my apk in apk section.

File Manager needs optimization
Works perfectly fine for me. I have even download APK and it showed up without having to close the app at all.
Are you able to show a video of the files not quickly showing in the categories section?

Swaraj
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56883/file-manager-needs-optimization

Works perfectly fine for me. I have even download APK and it showed up without having to close the app at all.

Are you able to show a video of the files not quickly showing in the categories section?

View post
It does show me too when i download apps manually. Am talking about internal download which is done by app itself. I didnt check in which folder it was downloaded and stored but the app name was combination of numbers and alphabets.
Some of the temporary files of wps office doesnt show in documents section either.
i have to manually find those temporary files by searching them out in data>com.wps etc etc
maybe default file manager doesnt do fast indepth scanning

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Swaraj,
Noted the feedback. With every update optimization will take place. Can't share a confirmed timeline here. But, yes make sure to share your suggestions, improvements, request under ideas for next. It maybe just you who might be facing this.
Ideas for next will help other users facing or experiencing this in turn may have a stronger message.