This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Native Resolution on External 16:9 Display

tanyiok1234
Star I
I noticed that force desktop mode is removed from developer options, I am so sad about that.
Bascially, connecting to any 16:9 display gives me very bad feeling because of the black edge.
On my OnePlus phone with Android Q, forcing desktop mode works quite well. I enjoy the feeling of playing games like arknights with full screen display.
Overall, disappointing. I guess I won't consider any external display related products like WiGig or Dock before I could see a acceptable external display experience.
Please consider about it, I just want native resolution. I am not requesting functions like dex. I just requesting a native resolution.
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I will let our devs know that you want it. It's a buggy feature and with lots of work to maintain. Guess that's why they left it out. But if they hear more and more users asking for it then maybe they'll consider

WaitingKy
Rising Star I
+1..............

tanyiok1234
Star I
Anders_ASUS

I will let our devs know that you want it. It's a buggy feature and with lots of work to maintain. Guess that's why they left it out. But if they hear more and more users asking for it then maybe they'll consider

View post
Thanks! It would be great to have a function like that. After all, most displays, especially TV, are 16:9.

For those who agree with my idea, please comment on this thread as well.