This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port is burn to hot

jefffunkey11
Star II
what is spec original asus cable type -C ? i'm charge it with asus original adapter ,but another cable type-C also , but it noticed to pull out the charger and it to hot.. why ? did rog phone does not support other type-C cable than the original ? help..i am new about this..did there also have another brand cable same type asus original cable ? iam purpose to long cable for gaming
9 REPLIES 9

julienvd93
Rising Star II
So if I understand this correctly. Your phone port heats up when charging with a 3th party usb type-c cable and does not heat up with the OEM Asus type-c cable.
If that is correct then your 3th party type-c cable might be broken or it is bad quality.
I use a charger and 2.5m cable from baseus without issues.
However, it is always better to use an original Asus charger and cable.

jetjosh92
Rising Star II
How did you charge your phone ? From what % and to what % ? If you are going to hyper charge from 20% or lower to 80% it might get a little hot...
Asus cable if I remember correctly is rated 3A and 30W...if you got a cable that can't support that then maybe that might be a problem too ?

hbizalwan30
Star I
I'm facing same issue in rog phone 2

bhantepannyacha
Star II
USB Temperature Warning. Side charging point is working properly but USB main side too hot for a very few second it look like the cable pin will burn. Service centre too far and also lock down problems, please help regarding this issue.