This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issues on ROG Phone 2

Park83
Star I
When my battery is low, I get the "No flashlight when using OTG in low battery" pop up. The popup stops me from opening the notification tray. Going into USB preferences, the page would flicker as if detecting a misbehaving device.
My charging cable has stopped functioning so I'm using a third party fast charger but I was experiencing the said problem before I made the switch.
I was also unsuccessful in connecting my phone to my laptop. The laptop warns me that the USB device attached is drawing more power than the port could support. It is as if the phone thinks it is connected to a charger and not a PC.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Park83

When my battery is low, I get the "No flashlight when using OTG in low battery" pop up. The popup stops me from opening the notification tray. Going into USB preferences, the page would flicker as if detecting a misbehaving device.

My charging cable has stopped functioning so I'm using a third party fast charger but I was experiencing the said problem before I made the switch.

I was also unsuccessful in connecting my phone to my laptop. The laptop warns me that the USB device attached is drawing more power than the port could support. It is as if the phone thinks it is connected to a charger and not a PC.

Charging issues on ROG Phone 2
Can you please connect your phone to your charger and computer while recording with another device so I fully understand what's happening? Make sure to get close enough with the camera so that it's possible to read what it says on the display.
I've seen this issue before in this thread but the discussion died out (mostly my fault since I had too many threads to reply). https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/16862/no-flashlight-when-using-otg-in-low-battery
@Shubhangkar @adams.toomer @lung-butter @arif.malufi @devraj.ja
You guys are welcome to help me fix this issue once and for all. We need to find out if it's hardware or software issue.
Make sure to quote or ping me when you reply so I get a notification

Abraarukuk
Star I
i have exact same problem, any solution?