This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery performance update

Subhendu
Rising Star I
Hello @asus Could you tell me when I. getting the update for battery drain problem .The rate battery is draining it's not feel like a 6000 mah though.
77 REPLIES 77

dcahyadi2301
Star I
There is definitely a bug with either the OS or Google play services. Battery drain issue on rog phone 2 is real. Asus should look at it seriously. Take a look at the screen capture of battery usage.
4ZHN7UCNPWQA.jpg
MDHHTF1F6BDE.jpg
Y5LOTNFK34HM.jpg
4N7V0LUASELR.jpg
Google play services is killing 40% of the battery for just 3 - 15 mins usage.

ppbt2004
Star I
I wanted to chime in on this issue as well. I've had this phone since the end of September and haven't had any issues with the battery until the last two weeks. I don't really play games on it and the haven't installed any new apps. I've even switched over to the Google play services beta and still getting bad performance. Used to finish the day with 65% remaining. Now, I'll be lucky enough to have 30% left before the end of the day. This is how much percentage I've lost so far after taking it off the charger. Haven't even used anything long enough to have this much drain.

ppbt2004
Star I
ppbt2004

I wanted to chime in on this issue as well. I've had this phone since the end of September and haven't had any issues with the battery until the last two weeks. I don't really play games on it and the haven't installed any new apps. I've even switched over to the Google play services beta and still getting bad performance. Used to finish the day with 65% remaining. Now, I'll be lucky enough to have 30% left before the end of the day. This is how much percentage I've lost so far after taking it off the charger. Haven't even used anything long enough to have this much drain.

3SC9IP3XN2E4.jpeg

View post
Just a quick update on this issue. Woke up this morning and the phone was completely off. I didn't turn it off at all. Thought the battery had died overnight or something because it wasn't responding to power button presses. I plugged it in and still nothing. It was only after I held the power button and the volume down button that the phone showed life. Upon startup, it was still at 54% battery so I'm not sure what that was all about. However, it also had a system update waiting once it powered back on. Installed, charged the phone up to 100%, and waiting to see if that did anything. The reason I'm bringing all this up is because it seems like it may have done something. Phone has been on battery over 2 hours and still at 97%
QY2RZYP2LDJ2.jpeg
I also never uninstalled any apps or added anything new.

prannaysreddy
Star I
Same issue with Google Play services. Fix this.
BTPVSUZRLD2K.jpg

prannaysreddy
Star I
6A1HVGIY6ZRO.jpg
Same issue. Fix this.