This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drainage issue while gaming

dpk
Star II
anyone facing battery draining issue when playing Pubg(hdr/extreme) while charging with 18w charger?
it is a serious issue i have Oneplus 5 too i played pubg on it with the highest setting possible (hdr /ultra) while charging it with a normal powerbank not even with it dash charger...it was charging the phone without any issue !
So Asus please look into this matter..asus rog phone 2 is a gaming phone and also a flagship device...i don't expect it to be like this! this is an amazing device..so do something about it!
8 REPLIES 8

Chandu_Ramoju
Star II
dpk

@Anders_ASUS when i played pubg in hdr/extreme while charging the battery goes down by 1% every 6-7minutes

when i played pubg in smooth extreme while charging the battery goes down by 1% every 10-14min!

i even tried to lower down the battery temperature by ac set to 26°C and the phone temperature was 36°-38°C then also the phone was not charging..the battery was dropping as usual!

i have a question for you ! you are telling me that when the temperature rises the phone will automatically slow the charging speed! but what about Oneplus devices? they also tend to heat up while playing on max graphics in pubg..but the oneplus phone doesn't slows the charging speed..and it never got stuck on the same battery percentage..never!( as i have mentioned earlier the oneplus devices charges even with the powerbank while gaming)

so i don't understand the point of having a gaming phone with a secondary port if the charger is not able to charge the phone while gaming?

you guys have included the secondary charging port to charge the phone while gaming right?

tell me which high end game is not going to rise up the temperature of the phone? mostly every high end game will rises the temperature of the phone..!

i have bought this phone over Oneplus 7t because it is indeed a great looking phone with great specs ! but this charging issue is kinda ruining my experience with the Asus rog phone 2!

hope to get some resolution except that temperature rising thing because other flagship devices charges while gaming.

View post
I'm also facing the same problem the charge degrades while playing high graphic games like PUBG, COD etc. I never had this problem on my OnePlus 6. I bought this especially for gaming long hours while plugged in. I hope Asus solve this through an update.

Verma_Roshan
Star I
i am facing the same issue.. it used to charge earlier when it was just out of the box but now i can't play for longer duration unless i keep it at 100% then play while chrging.

yashdam4
Star I
Even my rog phone can't charge while gaming. After 1hr of pubg gameplay while plugged in it only charged one percent. This is so annoying . I have tried charging even in the side mounted port but of no use. I have mailed asus people and they told me to enter into safe mode and reset phone. Even After trying those my phone can't charge while gaming . I think this is a hardware problem.
If anyone know the solution for the problem please let me know. Thanks!!

OPC
Zen Master II
I believe the 18w charger is the issue. It looks to me too weak for the job. I play Asphalt 9 several hours a day. I use charger only to charge the phone. When the battery reached 100% I disconnect the charger and continue to play. If the battery falls below 10% I reconnect the charger. Charging speed during playing Asphalt 9 is the same as if the phone would be on standby. Amazingly fast. I talk about the 30w charger and 12/512 phone. Actually I play with the Active Cooler attached all the time and charging speed is the same. The X mode in the phone is set to max performance and the Active Cooler to auto mode. So no energy saving on my phone. I can play even 7 hours a day. The Active Cooler keeps the temperature on constant 41 degree C for the whole time. All in all amazing performance. I am very happy. I don't play PubG but my kids played it on my phone. They are thrilled. I believe you can solve the problem by buying a separate 30w charger.