This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY DRAIN SUDDENLY INCREASED BY 2X

Not applicable
I have observed a problem with my rog phone 2 today and i have not made any changes in my mobile but only updated pubg mobile to latest version and charged my phone and played, while playing i norticed heavy battery usagenthan usual. Before it used to take 15%/h while playing pubg which is pretty normal but after the pubg update and applying settings sent by a mod in armory crate my battery percentage drops like super fast. I tried my normal armory settings which is default xmode but it didnt make any difference. Should i be worried and send my phone to service center or should i wait for update so it fix, i will attach a screenshot of my percent drop. Also i use 30 watt charger with my rog so i dont know if my phone is charging as it should be but it raises 4 percent in 4 min, is that normal?
Please let me know if i should send it to service center or is there a fix.
23 REPLIES 23

Not applicable
I also charge my phone upto 80%, sometimes 100% is it that my battery is degraded or something. Please tell me its just bothering me. @Anders_ASUS @tit an

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Akash Gupta

I also charge my phone upto 80%, sometimes 100% is it that my battery is degraded or something. Please tell me its just bothering me. @Anders_ASUS @tit an

View post
They'll tell you that software is inaccurate. These batteries are degrading really fast.

I used two of my external charging meters and the battery is degraded and it almost matches software readings.

This was after running my phone to 0% and letting it shut off itself. I charged it while off, to make sure there was nothing eating up battery while it charged.

The results are the same, even if I use my USB-C Reader with the included charger that does "HyperCharge". Losing 1300 in this short amount of time doesn't bode well. I also have Good Charging habits according to the phone. I pretty much never let it go below 20% or above 80%. I also reboot the phone once a week.

07REQ9D3LD7L.png

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
Volodesi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/78238#Comment_78238

They'll tell you that software is inaccurate. These batteries are degrading really fast.

I used two of my external charging meters and the battery is degraded and it almost matches software readings.

This was after running my phone to 0% and letting it shut off itself. I charged it while off, to make sure there was nothing eating up battery while it charged.

The results are the same, even if I use my USB-C Reader with the included charger that does "HyperCharge". Losing 1300 in this short amount of time doesn't bode well. I also have Good Charging habits according to the phone. I pretty much never let it go below 20% or above 80%. I also reboot the phone once a week.

07REQ9D3LD7L.png

View post
V9VJV904EN57.jpg
I've been not using my battery for 3 hours straight and it falls to 97 percnt . You can see 96 as 1 percnt got down while writing this post , I'm using 60 hz pannel and phone was kept aside with airplane mode on , no wifi nothing . I just want to confirm that weather my batter is in good condition or not . Kindly reply , as I wrote thi before as well but I could not find my post idk why . Thankyou, waiting for an apt reply.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
+1, I'm too facing similar issues, battery backup is at least 10-15% less from what it was few weeks ago.

Plus overnight battery drain is 8-15%.