This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus why is this ON? Is Asus spying me?!

jyun88
Rising Star II
screenshot-20200626-143637223.jpg
I remember i turn this OFF before but it pops out again after so many hundreds of hours.
What and why it runs on background without user knowing????!!!
21 REPLIES 21

ronald1985
Community Legend I
jyun88

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92057#Comment_92057

I did restricted it 2 times before. Now it appear again and i restrict it AGAIN.

This smells like spying to me.

Btw,screen recording doesn't it sound fishy to you? Ain't you worry your banking password were recorded?

View post
No, I don't do banking on my mobile phone, I stick with computer for that type of things.
Restricting stops it from running in the background, but it doesn't kill it completely. There's nothing to worry about to be honest as any system apps that came with the device will run in the background.
The only way to kill it off completely at the moment is by rooting the device. But it won't do harm so you do not really need to remove it.

jyun88
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92068#Comment_92068

No, I don't do banking on my mobile phone, I stick with computer for that type of things.

Restricting stops it from running in the background, but it doesn't kill it completely. There's nothing to worry about to be honest as any system apps that came with the device will run in the background.

The only way to kill it off completely at the moment is by rooting the device. But it won't do harm so you do not really need to remove it.

View post
I do hope so...

Volodesi
Rising Star II
I some-how doubt the PR nightmare would be worth the trade off of Asus spying on you with a screen recorder.

This type of thing would've been exposed on XDA in a heartbeat.

jyun88
Rising Star II
Volodesi

I some-how doubt the PR nightmare would be worth the trade off of Asus spying on you with a screen recorder.

This type of thing would've been exposed on XDA in a heartbeat.

View post
Who say Asus is only spying me?
Did anyone REALLY REALLY check Background running process if daily?
I used to then i stop for around a month.
You sure yours didn't run on background?
I doubt it

jyun88
Rising Star II
I wonder what will Asus do about this.. why no Asus respond about this? Is this a bug or intentional ?