This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 2 - Volume Button Issue

willson_fang
Star I
I bought two of the 1TB Versions of this phone since my friend wanted one, this was roughly 2 months ago
He contacted me yesterday and said that the volume button stopped being "clicky" so its hard to press and asked me about the warranty on it.
I thought it was a once off issue, but not even 24hours later mine got the same issue where the volume button is a lot harder to press and no longer clicks, almost like its stuck - if you've ever owned a mechanical keyboard key and accidentally got something sticky on it, the keys no longer click and gets really hard to press, but in this case literally nothing happened between my friend mentioning it and I getting the issue.
Is this a common issue with this phone? and will sending it in for repairs actually make it last longer then 2months?
7 REPLIES 7

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
willson.fang

I bought two of the 1TB Versions of this phone since my friend wanted one, this was roughly 2 months ago

He contacted me yesterday and said that the volume button stopped being "clicky" so its hard to press and asked me about the warranty on it.

I thought it was a once off issue, but not even 24hours later mine got the same issue where the volume button is a lot harder to press and no longer clicks, almost like its stuck - if you've ever owned a mechanical keyboard key and accidentally got something sticky on it, the keys no longer click and gets really hard to press, but in this case literally nothing happened between my friend mentioning it and I getting the issue.

Is this a common issue with this phone? and will sending it in for repairs actually make it last longer then 2months?

It's the first time I've heard of it. Your phones are most probably from the same production batch so there might be more since you were both affected by this. Anyway, please contact your local support for warranty.

KraKen
Rising Star II
willson.fang

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/17667/asus-rog-phone-2-volume-button-issue

It's the first time I've heard of it. Your phones are most probably from the same production batch so there might be more since you were both affected by this. Anyway, please contact your local support for warranty.

View post
On my phone also same problem
Sometimes, it is very hard
And after we release the button, we can't hear that click noise
On both volume down and up button very hard

KraKen
Rising Star II
But I don't want to go for service station
Because if once the phone is opened, then its performance and efficiency will be reduce. It will never work like the old

KraKen
Rising Star II
willson.fang

I have 128 gb indian varient phone