Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 2 not charging

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very Frequent.
My rog phone 2 is not charging from the bottom port. When i put the cable in it to charge it doesn't charge nor does the notification light lights up. It charges properly by the side port. When i keep the cable connected to the bottom port, and restart the phone it starts charging properly. So the issue is not related to hardware or the cable, it started after the recent update. Please look into the issue.

2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sahilkumar2194

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very Frequent.

My rog phone 2 is not charging from the bottom port. When i put the cable in it to charge it doesn't charge nor does the notification light lights up. It charges properly by the side port. When i keep the cable connected to the bottom port, and restart the phone it starts charging properly. So the issue is not related to hardware or the cable, it started after the recent update. Please look into the issue.

I would still change the cable and see if it will help. The pins in the USB-C (or any USB cables) are fragile. One little snap, you're effectively destroying the ports.
My phone still charges after the latest update, so it can't be software. Otherwise, everyone would get the same issue.
Therefore, the suggestion is to go to a service centre if the above fails. Only then it can be confirmed it is either a software or hardware issue.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sahilkumar2194

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very Frequent.

I've recognize this issue from a 5z user. It had something to do with the port being defective. When restarting with the cable connected, the check is done differently and it accepts charging. The same user temporarily fixed his issue by pressing the back cover of the phone. If you want, we can log your device but I feel pretty confident that the root cause is defective hardware and that you need service.