This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Phone 2 - hangs then restarts when it gets hot. Around 60°C / 140°F.

beliC
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: WW_17.0230.2004.60_0 and prior Versions
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 5 times/ day
Whenever I play games or charge my phone and it gets hot. It hangs up and then shuts down. It seems to be a hardware problem according to some. Is there a way to find the specific problem and find a way to fix it. Some say replacing the motherboard fixes it but it costs around 340USD.
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
beliC

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0230.2004.60_0 and prior Versions
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 5 times/ day

Whenever I play games or charge my phone and it gets hot. It hangs up and then shuts down. It seems to be a hardware problem according to some. Is there a way to find the specific problem and find a way to fix it. Some say replacing the motherboard fixes it but it costs around 340USD.

ASUS ROG Phone 2 - hangs then restarts when it gets hot. Around 60°C / 140°F.
It's normally due to hardware which is covered by warranty. Those who claim that it costs money has a device which is out of warranty. I can't comment on these specific cases because it's up to the service agent that receives the device to determine if it's within warranty or not. I know one user in this forum who takes every opportunity he can find to tell everybody that it costs money and this is not true just because it happened to him.