This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog phone 2 Display problem

Vaibhav_Charde
Star II
I play PUBG game daily. But after Android 10 update if I am not playing PUBG and using other application or on ideal screen i can see the PUBG control icon appears on my screen.

12 REPLIES 12

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Vaibhav Charde

Is there any solution for this

View post
Sadly it's one of the downsides of having an OLED display (you get darker blacks and punchier colors but the pixels are organic in nature and if stressed enough they can die)
And no there's no solution apart from getting a replacement as far as I know
The only thing you can do to avoid burn in is to avoid using phone at high brightness for long durations
The probability of having burn in increases if the display has some static image,which can be the button layout of a particular game(like in your case pubg) or the the WhatsApp header of a group or something else
A article that describes it better:
OLED screen burn-in: What you need to know nowTry your luck at an Asus certified service centre if the phone is still in warranty

Vaibhav_Charde
Star II
My device is in warranty period.
And does asus gives display warranty for 1 years?
My device warranty exist from 9/11/2019 to 8/11/2020

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vaibhav Charde

My device is in warranty period.

And does asus gives display warranty for 1 years?

My device warranty exist from 9/11/2019 to 8/11/2020

View post
Not neccessary because it can be considered as wear and tear - if you do manage to get it under repair, be sure to get a confirmation that it is done under warranty so you don't get the bill afterwards. Take a photo too by the sounds of what is happening to some.
Also, try to be nice to the person you speak too.