This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog phone 2 Android 10 issues

akashvarshney00
Star III
There are a lot of things that changed my phone's experience after the A10 update.
1. The phone now overheats while charging using the 30 Watt adapter as well as 18 Watt adapter.
2. Gaming performance reduced a lot specifically Pubg where frame drops and desync is now. Becoming a normal behaviour, checked the wifi and it's stable. The phone overheats while keeping the graphic settings to High, anti- aliasing also was disabled.
3. Ran Geekbench score after updating to A10 and see my score, you will be shocked and it even lists below One plus 6.
I am reporting these issues within not even a week of upgrade but this is important to report as this phone is still with a lot of bugs after updating to Android 10
0FN79WCNRZW4.jpg
9M0VQI4VR26G.jpg

64 REPLIES 64

rhlfreaks12
Star I
ankeshanand3

After so many posts, this is the post where I found someone spoke about the phone lagging during gaming. It's lagging like hell and there are a lot of frame drops and the screen freezes for a mini second or so. Since its a gaming phone officially they should have made sure that popular high end games are working fine. There are a few minor glitches as well which has been already mentioned. Hope we get an update soon to fix this glitches. Till then can anyone suggest any efficient verified solution? Should I roll it back to A9 or should I factory reset the phone?

View post
Today while gaming my fps dropped at 27 .. is that a joke for a phone of 120 fps .. seriously going through a tough time and facing very bad issues with the phone ..

rampatelmy121
Star II
ankeshanand3

After so many posts, this is the post where I found someone spoke about the phone lagging during gaming. It's lagging like hell and there are a lot of frame drops and the screen freezes for a mini second or so. Since its a gaming phone officially they should have made sure that popular high end games are working fine. There are a few minor glitches as well which has been already mentioned. Hope we get an update soon to fix this glitches. Till then can anyone suggest any efficient verified solution? Should I roll it back to A9 or should I factory reset the phone?

View post
Same problems bro. I did factory reset three times but nothing happened my phone also looking like hell . really disappointed with Asus
@and06tw @Anders_ASUS help

My problems after Update to Android 10:
1) my live wallpaper goes to a plain black wallpaper. It can be fixed by re- setting the wallpaper.
2) Apps are not staying open in the background. Apps generally just restart like they were not even open even when you go back to it in a second ( not all apps, majorly bank and money transfer apps)
3) Frame drops is all games. Quality also reduced. Even Asphalt 9 lags a lot. Games also tend to hang
4) battery backup feels much lower
One big reason I find for the first two points is that the process for apps seem to be closed the moment I exit. The asus live wallpaper app seems to shut when I super clean. All this even after I have manually exempted them from the options.
The other two seem to be a completely due to lack of optimization in code.

A few things.
The consumed ram percentage is now generally lower than what it used to be in Android 9.
The dark mode is much better and so is the audio wizard.

But the phone is just to glitchy to use.

uri13
Star III
How can we report all this problems directly to Asus???

akashvarshney00
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Those of you who say that you updated to A10 and got really bad battery life and performance, probably encountered some issue in the update process which will not show up as an error. When you downgraded to A9 again, then the phone got totally reset. So this is not a fair comparison.

Do we have anyone in this thread who factory reset their phone after the A10 update and got a bad score, then downgraded to A9 with performance fully restored? If there is such a user, then I would very much like to get in contact.

Just ping me or quote this message and I will get back to you as fast as possible.

View post
I did a factory reset and started from scratch, it's still the same. I play a lot of Pubg mobile that's why I bought this phone but the lag which is not there in other phones after crosschecking myself is unacceptable the frame drops when enemy approaches like hell no touch sensitivity works. The phone overheats when charging from a 30 Watt adapter. The performance has seriously reduced, camera became poor in low light